lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2021, 12:51 PM   #1
Murby
Gone Wild

Default Voltage Reducer Install Location?

I bought a 30 amp voltage reducer for my 2013 Precedent (48v)
https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/v...to-12v-30-amp/

I also purchased the 6 space fuse block.

Is there any group consensus on the best place to mount these two components?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ClubCart.jpg (281.5 KB, 0 views)
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2021, 03:49 PM   #2
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Voltage Reducer Install Location?

I mounted my DC to DC in the front of my cart. Their are holes for the mounting already drilled. Mounted my fuse block in glove box. Other people mount in Battery compartment. It’s sort of up to you to decide where you have the most room to mount it and run the cables.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:44 PM   #3
Murby
Gone Wild

Default Re: Voltage Reducer Install Location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbob View Post
I mounted my DC to DC in the front of my cart. Their are holes for the mounting already drilled. Mounted my fuse block in glove box. Other people mount in Battery compartment. It’s sort of up to you to decide where you have the most room to mount it and run the cables.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I stuck it up under the front of the cart where they say to mount the original voltage reducer. I was able to make a bracket and bolt it in.. The housing on my voltage reducer is made of aluminum and the support structure up there is steel.. to stop any galvanic corrosion, I put a layer 0.5mm sheet of PVC between the reducer and the mounting surface. A stainless steel bracket and a couple of 1/4-20 stainless screws and it is nice and secure.

Two problems:
1) The voltage reducer wires aren't all long enough so I'm going to have to extend them.
2) How to get the wires from the lights into the dashboard without permanently altering my golf cart or making it look like a second rate job.

I was able to get the lights mounted by making a stainless steel bracket and painting it black.. a rubber membrane and some zip ties and it is secured to the 1 inch square tubing quite nicely. Now I just need to get the wires into the dash board area without it looking stupid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211012_183537.jpg (127.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20211012_183425.jpg (380.9 KB, 0 views)
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car