lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
ppm
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default tire opinions

I am buying tires 22X11X10's. Just not sure on exact ones to get. Did a search and found some reading but would like to hear a little more. I will be riding trails, gravel woods roads, around the yard and some pavement at times. There will definately be mud involved. Was planning on mud lites, but wonder if they will be too aggressive. Testimonials appreciated.... Thanks in advance
ppm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: tire opinions

I like Dirt Devils for 6 ply aggressive tread, with about 8psi they ride good and also don't pick up the mud btwn the tread like the knobby types do (then dries and leaves little turds laying around)

I have Mud Lites on my Workhorse 26", The gap between the arrows on the tread creates a flat spot (about 16 of them) causes the steering column and the front cowl to vibrate at low speed, they look cool, but bad tread design.

Click my pic's below to make larger and you can see, the TXT has the Dirt Devils.

PS, Is the frost out of the ground up there yet? :)
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
whitetail436
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i have carlisle all trails on my cart and had them on my last one. i feel like they are pretty versatile for mud, dirt, gravel, asphault. they will pick up mud in the tread and throw it though. oh well i just need to get some fender flares. good luck with your tires.
whitetail436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #4
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Cool Re: tire opinions

I agree with whitetail, Carlisle All Trails on mine 22x10x 11. Great all around tire especially if using it for golfing. Good offroad and very smooth on pavement, but will throw dirt/mud at you!

PS
Stovebolt, I like those Dirt Devils...how smooth on pavement at lower speads.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

All trails are great - BUT they are a HEAVY tire. Another great option is the Duro 22x11-10 desert tire. It's a 6 ply design and available in directional and non directional. We use them on nearly all our lifted electric carts, as they weigh only 24 lbs with select aluminum wheels. They have a very similar tread pattern to the All Trail - FYI...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

Mud-lites are great tires as are other tires with very aggressive tread design, they will get you through mud and severe condition most other couldn't go a few feet through. Alltrails and like designs will pack full of mud and become giant mud balls, at that point they are pretty useless. they will go through limited mud but anything over a few inches deep your screwed. It really depends on what your going to use the cart for as to what tire to get. If your going to crawl around car shows don't get mud-lites, if your going to run through deep mud don't get Alltrails.

Alltrails on my blue cart, full of mud, go figure

Strykers on my orange cart, an all around tire thats a good compromise

Maxxis Mudbugs on my green cart will go anywhere, sure they stomp along if I run at the speed of sloth on hardpack, but that never really happens
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:27 AM   #7
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's the way to do it Ruredy! A different cart for every type of tire. Now if I can get the wife to agree to that. (still like the blue one the best)
FRATT70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:40 AM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRATT70 View Post
That's the way to do it Ruredy! A different cart for every type of tire. Now if I can get the wife to agree to that. (still like the blue one the best)
Yep, Jon has the setup I want!!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:16 AM   #9
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
PS
Stovebolt, I like those Dirt Devils...how smooth on pavement at lower speads.
I had about 10 sets on different carts, but it's all I had except for 1 set of Mud Lites and 2 sets of Duro Desserts, so can't comment on the rest, out of the 3, I like the Dirt Devils, they ride smooth on pavement and all around, also wear well, For pavement only the Duro's ride good and look good, but a pain to clean if you get in mud and also pick up rocks in the tread. (Mud Lights never again!)
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #10
whitetail436
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ruredy has some great advice. you really need to evaluate your application. i try not to go into too deep of mud. but any mud will cover the cart and passengers with mud since i have not sprung for fender flares yet. i got my dad the duro deserts and they appear to be very comprable to the all trails. i would love to have a different cart for each application too. ruredy is an inspiration to us all. at any rate good luck on your selection.
whitetail436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts