lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
cohocarl
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Steeleng Wheels & Wanda A/T Tires Lots 'o pics

I picked up a 2005 Yamaha G22 (gas) last weekend (stock) for a project for my 12yr old boy and I. We live in the boonies up in Mid-Michigan with some acreage to play around on, along with some pretty good snow in the winter, so I wanted to go with a 6" lift and some A/T tires.

Being on a VERY limited budget, I had to get a good price on wheels & tires. I couldn't find hardly any info on wheels from Steeleng, and the tires they market with the name "Wanda" on them. (is that Chinese for Kenda..;), but the price was right and I ordered a set of 23x10.5-12's on 12x7 wheels from them on Ebay for $519 to the door including metric lug nuts & center caps. I realize you usually get what you pay for, and I am not expecting these to last a lifetime, but should work good enough for a couple years until he looses interest and moves on to cars & girls...

Since I couldn't find hardly any info on the web about these wheels or tires, I thought I'd post some pics of them. The lift was just delivered yesterday, and the wheels/tires today, so I haven't had time to get them on the G22 yet.

I ordered them Wednesday and they were delivered today (Friday). Made the trip from SC to MI very quickly. Before I ordered them, I sent Steeleng a message on Ebay at 12:30AM EST to double check that the wheels are offset for lifted carts, expecting to get a reply the next day or so....no, I got an answer back in about 10 minutes. I'm wondering if my message went through to someone's cell phone that woke them up

Anyways, I thought I'd throw up some pics for anyone who wanted to see what they are. I will post a follow up on them later after I get the lift installed (another thread to follow on the AllSport A-arm 6" G22/Gmax lift kit install that I will post a link to when made)

The FedX driver left these by my garage door:

They were VERY well wrapped in stretch wrap, taped cardboard completely covering wheels/tires, then more stretch wrap. Two tires/pack.
(I ordered some $1200 wheels for my Vette last year that were shipped in a plain cardboard box and I had to re-polish the aluminum. I wish they would have been wrapped like this....)

Time will tell if the tires are any good, but the wheels look fine. The way they packaged them up for shipment couldn't have been better, they answered my question at midnight, and I ordered them on a Wednesday and got them on Friday for $519. So far, so good. Will post a follow-up after I get them on.
cohocarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Steeleng Wheels & Wanda A/T Tires Lots 'o pics

Never heard of the brand but look good to me, only thing you have to worry about
if they are out of round, you will know when you get them installed and spin'em.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
cohocarl
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
...only thing you have to worry about
if they are out of round,...
Ya, that's what I'm worried about. I'm heading out to the barn right now to possibly start on the lift. If I don't do it today, I'm tied up pretty much solid the next week... Wish me luck.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:16 AM   #4
Mudhill
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the same rims and tires for my cart and have had no major issue at all with them. The only issue that I had was installing the front caps after wheel was installed. They snap in and I'm guessing I wasn't holding my mouth right. Tires were round for the most part...played with the air pressure and all is good. Here are some pics of my cart to give you an idea what they look like installed. Don't forget that they are directional tires ....you should have 2 rights and 2 lefts.

20140620_190343_zpsc0244e97.jpg

20140620_191424_zpsdb68f674.jpg

20140620_190309_zpsf64c983f.jpg

Last edited by Mudhill; 06-29-2014 at 12:19 AM.. Reason: Addition to reply
Mudhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #5
cohocarl
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhill View Post
Don't forget that they are directional tires ....you should have 2 rights and 2 lefts.
I installed my lift yesterday and I had only unwrapped one set of wheels/tires.... Was all excited about putting the wheels on and noticed that. Of course the two I had already unwrapped were the wrong ones so I had to open up the other pair. Thanks for the heads up!

Nice looking cart. Like the color combos on it.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
Mudhill
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I was on a very LIMITED BUDGET when I started on my cart build. My Ez-Go went from a hunting cart to a street cruiser for the family. I really understand your situation and can clearly see where money needs to be saved on certain things. The only thing that I didn't go cheap on were the electronics on the cart but got VERY good deals from the site sponsors.

The color combos were not my idea so I have to give credit to the credit card boss. I originally had chromes rims on the cart and she wanted the machined look....so off they went. The paint job was also her idea - WoW! I'm seeing a pattern here.
Mudhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:32 AM   #7
Keatoncalhoun
Getting Wild

I like those

1994 Club Car DS, custom 2014 Camaro synergy green paint job
Keatoncalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
RebelStryker
Not Yet Wild

How are the Wanda tires doing? I've been eyeing a set and about ready to place the order.
RebelStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Good looking wheels and tires
Naturile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #10
cohocarl
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelStryker View Post
How are the Wanda tires doing? I've been eyeing a set and about ready to place the order.
I drove the cart only about 2 miles since I put the lift, & wheel/tire package on before removing the body to paint, install lights, etc. But before I took it apart to paint, I did go out on our paved road, and at top speed (f.y.i., was 11.x mph w/ stock tires/wheels, now 14.x mph due to larger diameter tires) and took a handheld video with my cell phone to note any "bouncing" or indication the tires may be out of round, but none noted..so far.

At end of video is a pic of painted body panels resting on cart. Want to do a few things still before putting it on for good.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts