lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2020, 12:04 PM   #1
Dsaltydog
Not Yet Wild

Default Icon Backup Absurdly Loud Alarm

New I40L adore it, in comparison to my Precedent 100 percent smoother.

Any idea how to eliminate the back up warning beep? Offensive!
Dsaltydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2020, 01:28 PM   #2
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Icon Backup Absurdly Loud Alarm

So I took delivery of my new i40L two days ago and honestly I was embarrassed when the delivery guy backed the cart off the trailer. So I stuffed some paper towels up into the bell of the horn and criss-crosseed two pieces of duct tape to secure it. While the noise didn't go away it definitely calmed down the offensiveness. Hope this helps.
thelandposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:56 PM   #3
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandposse View Post
So I took delivery of my new i40L two days ago and honestly I was embarrassed when the delivery guy backed the cart off the trailer. So I stuffed some paper towels up into the bell of the horn and criss-crosseed two pieces of duct tape to secure it. While the noise didn't go away it definitely calmed down the offensiveness. Hope this helps.
Simply disconnect the harness coming from the backup speaker...
I did with mine...

Silence is golden
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:29 AM   #4
Dsaltydog
Not Yet Wild

Thaks. Figured it out... Disconnected rhe clips to the horn. Great Cart!
Dsaltydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:10 PM   #5
ATrain
Gone Wild

I disconnected my horn and connected it to one of these backup cameras ($36), so now when I backup my cart, instead of noise I have a nice camera that shows everything. When I put in FWD, the camera turns off.

For my I60L it's necessary for tight parking.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:17 PM   #6
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

I would never disconnect a safety feature. Could you imagine backing up into someone by accident. The field day they would have finding out a factory safety feature was purposefully disconnected. Yikes...

Not to mention there is always the chance of getting into the cart and thinking it is in forward and its actually in reverse or vice versa....Much better to cover it to muffle enough so it can be heard but not ear piercing.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:37 PM   #7
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
I would never disconnect a safety feature. Could you imagine backing up into someone by accident. The field day they would have finding out a factory safety feature was purposefully disconnected. Yikes...

Not to mention there is always the chance of getting into the cart and thinking it is in forward and its actually in reverse or vice versa....Much better to cover it to muffle enough so it can be heard but not ear piercing.
You are perfectly welcome to keep yours on, but I want to be clear for others who are considering disconnecting the backup horn, this is generally NOT required in most states and is perfectly legal to do.

Backup beepers are usually an OSHA requirement for vehicles with an obstructed rear view or for vehicles of a certain class/size, but primarily obstructed view.

Furthermore, they are often considered noise pollution and there are organized groups that work to ban them.

So I think it's a personal preference. It almost certainly would not impact your insurance rates or your liability in an accident. Unless your state has some bizarre golf-cart backup beeper requirement, which it may very well have. I don't know the laws in every state around golf carts.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:19 PM   #8
CSS899
Not Yet Wild

Disconnected my backup horn after backing up out of my driveway later in the evening and having 2 neighbors come out wondering what all the noise was about.
CSS899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:08 AM   #9
cheenu
Not Yet Wild

where is the backup sound speaker on i20? how do i get to it?

thanks
cheenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:21 AM   #10
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheenu View Post
where is the backup sound speaker on i20? how do i get to it?

thanks
Located in battery compartment behind the battery pack. You will see the
re and white horn looking device...thats the speaker.
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon