lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2016, 02:16 PM   #1
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default VC wiring questions ....

So I stumbled across a pretty sweet deal yesterday, I had talked a buddy into replacing his blown 295 with a VC 460 kit last fall and he never got around to installing it, so I picked up the cart with a 6" lift, brand new tires and rims, high speed gears already installed, brand new factory body, and the complete VC kit for about the cost of the kit alone ...

NOW comes the fun part. He stripped the cart to prepare for the swap, got overzealous, and pulled all the darn wiring. I have an extra solenoid and regulator around from another TXT, the micro is still there in the pedal box - what's the best method to wire this all up so it'll start w the pedal as well as charge the system? Any ideas or help would be appreciated, wiring seems to be my weak point LOL
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: VC wiring questions ....

I know you have a ton of carts, but here are a few thoughts. 1) The clone needs nothing from the cart but a way to shut it off and a fuel supply.If you install the original type of S/G system all will work as before the swap in the case of the charging and starting systems.I am sure others that are wiring wizards will jump in here.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:27 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

My yamaha is all stock wiring, all I did was unplug the coil/ignitor/pickup and tape them up. I cut into the hot (yamaha 12v to coil) coil wire and attached a relay that kills the clone when not powered via kill wire to engine block. If your cart did not have a powered ignition it should have a kill wire, otherwise use a relay.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys, I guess maybe I should have reworded the question though ... I know to use the pedal micro to trigger the solenoid for the starter, my question is what/how to wire from the starter back through the regulator, etc to regain charging (there currently isn't a single wire in the cart, just a loose solenoid and regulator) ...

(also, I am assuming the engine should kill itself with pedal release if I crank down the idle screw, I plan on doing a backup footswitch to the right of the gas pedal as a kill button - just in case - and also to be able to kill the engine as a passenger if one of the kids starts over-driving their abilities (I don't plan on letting too many people drive the thing for safety reasons, LOL but I still say better safe than sorry)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:38 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The small wires on the gen usually for the regualtor, should hook up just like stock wiring diagram says. Diagram should be posted here in your cart type section or on net.

The relay and wire loom for it are about $3 each when I bought them off ebay or amazon, so for $6 it kills itself when pedal off just like stock cart. But you can do it your way too, whatever you want its your cart. I can also pull the relay out and it will run if I emergency have to recoil start it, and the stock kill switch is still on it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps