lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #11
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger/BatteryConcerns

Any chance of borrowing or even renting one from a local dealer? Only takes one attempt at a charge and really only an hour or two to see if another charger brings the pack above 42v. Golf carts are big business where I am but I realize I'm in a tiny minority.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2017, 11:28 AM   #12
Turbo_Pumpkin
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

There are a number of golf cart dealers in the area but unfortunately they all want to "diagnose" your cart for you which comes with a premium charge.

I am going to do the specific gravity test and check voltage now that my charger finished.The charger turned off at around 9:00 am so I will check it around 3:00 which is the minimum time Trojan recommended waiting to check voltage.
Turbo_Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:47 AM   #13
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Make sure you wait for the appropriate amount of time so you don't get a false reading. Test under load might be a good idea also.
If you communicate with DPI, I'm sure everyone would be interested in what they say.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #14
Turbo_Pumpkin
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

As of 4:30 today, my voltage per battery checked out based on the Trojan procedure. They were all 6.36-6.40v after sitting for seven and a half hours. Also did a specific gravity test and it seemed fine based on the information from Trojan's site.

I emailed DPI to see if they can give me any procedures for testing the charger. I will update as I have more info.

In the mean time, I also ordered the pieces I need to convert to 48v from ScottyB. Might as well be ready. :D
Old 09-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #15
Turbo_Pumpkin
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I emailed DPI last night and they responded today. It turns out that my charger is in warranty and they will be sending me a new circuit board to try. Fingers crossed that fixes it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO