lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2022, 01:30 PM   #31
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking, where can I find these?
Aliexpress is where I bought mine. Just add a BMS to that list. If you live where there is relativity flat land you will do ok with stock motor and controller. If nothing else the advent of Lithium Batteries showed us that there isn't any need for 500 or 600 amp controllers. I looked at my meter today and on the biggest hill around I was only pulling 160 amps.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2022, 03:58 PM   #32
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
I'll try - my biggest challenge is that I don't have any flat roads that are long enough to achieve a good, accurate result. I've only gotten the carts up to 51 and 49 mph respectively because the flat roads in my town aren't long enough for me to let them get up to their max speeds.
If you run the 5 miles or so at 15 to 20mph, your results should be very similar to full speed as far as Ah per mile.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 04:06 PM   #33
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
If you run the 5 miles or so at 15 to 20mph, your results should be very similar to full speed as far as Ah per mile.
I’m not sure how. When I run 24-25mph it’s pretty steady in the high 60’s for current draw.

When I keep it under 20 it only pulls in the mid/low 40’s. I get way more mileage for my money than going fast. But going fast is a lot more fun
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 04:14 PM   #34
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

It’s called wind resistance CP.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 04:19 PM   #35
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
It’s called wind resistance CP.
You should see it in the winter with my enclosure on and the heater kicking. That thing is like a parachute slowing down a top fuel dragster

And it’s coming out of the attic in the next month or so. I’ll update my range while it’s still “warm-ish” with the enclosure and see what kind of a difference it really makes.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 04:21 PM   #36
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’m not sure how. When I run 24-25mph it’s pretty steady in the high 60’s for current draw.

When I keep it under 20 it only pulls in the mid/low 40’s. I get way more mileage for my money than going fast. But going fast is a lot more fun
I'm too old to get excited about speed except when someone else is driving!

I'm referring to "Ah per mile" as similar to miles per gallon MPG. Any ride can give you this information although a longer ride is more accurate.

The only reason for the Ah per mile data is to determine what your range would be going down to 20% SOC. If you are using 1.5 Ah /mile, then a 10 mile ride will use 15 Ah's.

Today I rode 6.21 miles, average speed 20, and had 61.86 Ah left when I returned. 72 minus 61.86 equals 10.14 Ah used. 10.14 divided by 6.21 equals about 1.63 Ah/ mile.

That is the best economy I have had to date. And my average speed was higher than I usually ride.
Old 09-20-2022, 11:18 PM   #37
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

It's called a tail wind Tom.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:38 AM   #38
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
You should see it in the winter with my enclosure on and the heater kicking. That thing is like a parachute slowing down a top fuel dragster

And it’s coming out of the attic in the next month or so. I’ll update my range while it’s still “warm-ish” with the enclosure and see what kind of a difference it really makes.
Well ....you do live in Michigan. My Son lives near Ann Arbor and it does get colder....longer than in Southwest Pa.

You gotta be tough to live in MI.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 03:13 PM   #39
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
It's called a tail wind Tom.
It was kinda windy today, Pat!

Going into the wind eats up a lot of juice. The return trip with the tail wind uses regen to fully recharge my batteries. It's a Win-Win!
Old 09-21-2022, 05:11 PM   #40
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you plan your trip around a wind change you could come home with more juice than you left with.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car