lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2022, 08:09 PM   #91
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Dumb Lithium question - Why some very low Prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Problem with these long warranties is whether the company will be around to honor them.
Ding…Ding…Ding…we have a winner!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2022, 08:36 PM   #92
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Problem with these long warranties is whether the company will be around to honor them.
I was thinking the same thing but wanted to be optimistic... also will you have this golf cart in 8 years?
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 08:37 PM   #93
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
I would think that one of the reasons for the huge price difference is the length of the warranty. I believe I've seen some batteries with 8 and 10 years warranties. You know somebody's got to pay for that.
That and the marketing....
Old 11-15-2022, 08:30 AM   #94
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I will never sell my cart (I tend to hang on to my stuff. Heck-I still have a Jeep (Jeepster) that I bought 40 years ago, as well a 4 Honda 3 wheelers!). Not only do I expect my Eco Battery to last more than 8 years, I expect to still be dropping in (around lunch time!) to see the guys there for many years :)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 08:49 AM   #95
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have had my first cart 10 years now and my second older used cart for 2 years. I don't intend to sell or upgrade. The carts serve our needs living on a golf course. My wife and I both play at lest 3 times a week so both carts get lots of use. I don't see a single advantage to newer carts over what I now have. Carts are simple and easy to maintain especially if you live in a climate like I do where nothing rusts.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 10:00 AM   #96
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

I'm the same way honestly... I rescued my first G1 from a brushpile 16 years ago... I have 2 now plus the Frankenstein electric cart im working on now... although I did get an 82 columbia going and had that for years, selling it 2 years ago.
Old 11-17-2022, 03:58 PM   #97
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm the same way. I got my Golf Car in 2010. It has aged gracefully. Here are pictures at 3,6, and 12 years old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 yo.jpg (253.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6 yo.jpg (165.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 12 yo.jpg (23.2 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 07:16 PM   #98
plowman
Getting Wild

so lets clear the air for those that interpret my ad other than what it is, first of all we dont sell 12v liths in any configuration for golf carts period! that why they make parallel batts! 12v will not stay in balance over time without help with sum fancy add Ons, and why when we have parallels.thats why i talk to every customer instead of letting them order off the site 4 30amp hr 48v liths with charger soc meter and new cables,3215.00. or any combo priced accordingly. there is no smoke or mirrors with me, if your not sure on something please call and i will educate, I have the the best price on the net on allied liths, and real support in english! and always in stock.
plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 08:01 PM   #99
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Brand names aren’t all that expensive. Plowmans has an allied kit with 2 batteries (totaling 60aH) and a charger for $1757 and an 8 year warranty.

One of the guys here has the allied 60aH setup in his cart. He stumbled across a cheap alibaba 48v 100aH lifepo4 battery locally and his brother bought it. He may see this and chime in but last I checked the cheapo battery does work quite well. He tripped the BMS immediately but once he turned his alltrax down (not sure what he limited it to). But he did mention it’s nowhere as good pot powerful as his (smaller) allied pack.
Took me a while to see this… but yes, that Chinese battery is not as good performance wise as the Allieds. And it’s rated at 100ah. We had to turn his max battery amps on the Alltrax SR48400 down to about 85 to keep from tripping it, and it’s sporadic still. It’s tripped randomly pulling 75 amps for under one second. It has good capacity, holds a charge well, and is very light. But the biggest downfall is the rated BMS current.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 09:50 PM   #100
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowman View Post
so lets clear the air for those that interpret my ad other than what it is, first of all we dont sell 12v liths in any configuration for golf carts period! that why they make parallel batts! 12v will not stay in balance over time without help with sum fancy add Ons, and why when we have parallels.thats why i talk to every customer instead of letting them order off the site 4 30amp hr 48v liths with charger soc meter and new cables,3215.00. or any combo priced accordingly. there is no smoke or mirrors with me, if your not sure on something please call and i will educate, I have the the best price on the net on allied liths, and real support in english! and always in stock.

Thanks for clarifying.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car