lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2022, 07:26 AM   #11
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Eco Battery died with 56% remaining power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cws View Post
I installed an Eco 105AH battery in my 2016 Precedent about three months ago. I keep the meter on power remaining. Previously driving on streets, I use 10% of the power when driving 5 miles. Since I am on flat ground, and not starting and stopping a lot, I had confidence in the meter. Today, a mile for the house, I had 56.xx power remaining, and the cart died. Pushed it home and plugged in the charger. It was still reading 56.xx% remaining while charging and was reading 45.57V. After several hours it was reading 100% and 54.x Volts.

Not sure what the issue is, but if the gauge is not working properly, I am getting about 20 miles per charge when not pushing the battery very hard, that would be disappointing. I learned from pushing the cart about a mile, there really isn’t much rolling resistance.
Any chance the meter either A) was never calibrated when you first set it up or B) the battery pack was shut down for any reason and the gauge not recalibrated once power was restored? I know that their first generation gauge with shunt is similar to my Extreme Team gauge and I have had to recalibrate mine before.
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2022, 07:28 PM   #12
Cws
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
Any chance the meter either A) was never calibrated when you first set it up or B) the battery pack was shut down for any reason and the gauge not recalibrated once power was restored? I know that their first generation gauge with shunt is similar to my Extreme Team gauge and I have had to recalibrate mine before.
You might have the answer I am looking for. I calibrated the meter when I installed it, but two months and two days ago, I shut the battery off while our island was devastated by hurricane Ian. When I started using the cart again, I did not recalibrate the meter.
Cws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:08 PM   #13
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hmmmm, chances are you shut it off when it was at around 44% and when you turned it back on it jumped up to 100%, hence only being able to use the remaining percentage left.

Charge it back up to 100% and see how you go.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car