lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2021, 08:11 AM   #1
Naples Native
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Evolution Lithium Spec Sheet

I've been back and forth between RoyPow and Evolution but I can't seem to find any first hand experiences with Evolution here in the forum. There is an Evolution dealer here in town and has them in stock and I'm ready to pull the trigger unless someone can change my mind.

https://www.evolutionelectricvehicle...DATA-SHEET.pdf

https://www.roypowusa.com/?page_id=26237#bit_twf81
Naples Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2021, 09:43 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Evolution Lithium Spec Sheet

What are the prices you can get each option?

I am assuming you have a regular non lifted golf cart driving on the streets of Florida.

You did not mention which RoyPow model you are considering, but compared to the RoyPow S51105 the Evolution specs are better.

If You have a Regen cart the Evolution also allows for 75 amps of Regen current which is plenty to stop the cart, RoyPow does not list the maximum charging current other than standard=22amps.

Other than price, access to a local dealer is important for any future warranty claim and support.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:24 AM   #3
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

You have now introduced a third lithium battery pack of interest to me (Roypow, Extreme Team and now Evolution). Strange that one of my choices is a EVOLUTION 48v/100Ah pack from Extreme Team. After reviewing the pics and data sheet attached, this unit looks very impressive. All have similar output. The numbers I am looking at are in the range of $2300, $2000 and ???(Evolution), respectively. I would also like to hear of any first hand experience with each.
cajun000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:44 AM   #4
Naples Native
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
What are the prices you can get each option?

I am assuming you have a regular non lifted golf cart driving on the streets of Florida.

You did not mention which RoyPow model you are considering, but compared to the RoyPow S51105 the Evolution specs are better.

If You have a Regen cart the Evolution also allows for 75 amps of Regen current which is plenty to stop the cart, RoyPow does not list the maximum charging current other than standard=22amps.

Other than price, access to a local dealer is important for any future warranty claim and support.
I have a lifted cart with back seat which is street legal. So a lot of driving
400 Alltrax, HD Solenoid and speed motor from Dave at Revolution Carts.

Yes comparing to the RoyPow S51105 pricing is about the same but the Evolution is in stock here in town. $2254 with charger.
Naples Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:46 PM   #5
e2v
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ExtremeTeam Battery includes a separate built-in 12v output for accessories. Do RoyPow and/or Evolution include voltage step-down (48v to 12v) or requires external voltage reducer? Thanks
e2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:23 PM   #6
AussieInSeattle
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naples Native View Post

Yes comparing to the RoyPow S51105 pricing is about the same but the Evolution is in stock here in town. $2254 with charger.
Turning on logging on your Alltrax and then using that to analyze your driving patterns might be a good idea. I've not seen the Alltrax log files but I think it gives you information that would be useful in deciding on a pack - things like amp draw over a period of time are necessary in determining whether one of those packs might cut out via the BMS. The other way to do this is via a cheap meter from amazon that Sergio has mentioned in other threads.
AussieInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:48 PM   #7
ecpchris
Not Yet Wild

I have the 110ah Evolution battery in my lifted, Navitas 5k Onward. I haven't had any issues and am very pleased with it. It was the same price as the regular 105ah RoyPow
ecpchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:22 PM   #8
VelocityCGC
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naples Native View Post

If your still looking for a battery I have RoyPoy's in Tampa and can sell you one much cheaper than the price your getting.
VelocityCGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:29 PM   #9
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2v View Post
ExtremeTeam Battery includes a separate built-in 12v output for accessories. Do RoyPow and/or Evolution include voltage step-down (48v to 12v) or requires external voltage reducer? Thanks
I like the built in converter, but sad part of the Evolution converter built in is the 10A rating. They could have at leas given 20A
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car