lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2021, 01:37 PM   #21
bud_toledo
Getting Wild

Default Re: Help! Only runs at low rpm

I have no idea what sizes they are. Nothing is stamped on them.
bud_toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2021, 02:26 PM   #22
bud_toledo
Getting Wild

Just tried to drill out main jet. It made it worse. Put original jet back in. And it started running Again. This time I backed out the air jet adj out 1 1/2 turns. And it ran no different with it screwed all the way in this time.
But noticed the fuel filter isn’t filling up very much as it runs. And I pulled out after running a little bit. And it is white. So it’s obvious it’s running lean.
Hard to believe 3 diff aftermarket carbs and the jetting is all off. Not sure what else to do besides getting a o.e.m. Carb.
Any suggestions?
Old 04-15-2021, 02:27 PM   #23
bud_toledo
Getting Wild

Meant to say I pulled out spark plug and it was white.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:09 PM   #24
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’ve never had any luck with aftermarket carbs. I’d spend the money on an oem mikuni carb before buying anymore Chinese ones.

I’ve never seen the fuel filters “full”. So I wouldn’t expect them to fill up. As long as it’s pumping gas you’re good.

If there’s anything in the intake tube, either your carb is flooding and it’s dripping that way, or if there’s oil in there then the oil may be overfilled. I’d check that just to make sure.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:07 PM   #25
bud_toledo
Getting Wild

Oil lever is where it’s suppose to be at. Any recommendation for electric fuel pump? Think I might have blown out my fuel pump by blowing into gas tank to prime it. It’s leaking out vent now. Am thinking fuel pump have been part of my issues as well. Sometimes it pumps pretty good, then I’ll check it and it’s not pumping as much as it was before.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:26 PM   #26
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

I got an electric pump works good. You want 1.5 to 3 psi. Hook to post on solenoid that is 12 volt when you push accelerator.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:15 PM   #27
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Electric ones can very easily overpower the carb float.

I’d buy one of these. Less wiring, hassle, and mess. Same as the oem pump but just has a Briggs logo cast into the tool. Rosotion (Ship from USA) OEM Briggs&Stratton, Mikuni Fuel Pump - 808492, 808656, 491922 /Item NO#8Y-IFW81854177767 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JKP3FWA...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I’ve had several of these with zero problems.
Old 04-16-2021, 04:47 PM   #28
bud_toledo
Getting Wild

I think I found the problem. Won’t know till I get parts and install. Pulled engine. And a wire plugged into ignition coil was all fraid and shorting out. I mean wires coming from the rev limiter harness. Also one wire on that as well was shorted out also. So am gonna change it all out.
Anything else I should replace or check while engine is out?
Old 04-19-2021, 07:19 AM   #29
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’ve never had any luck with aftermarket carbs. I’d spend the money on an oem mikuni carb before buying anymore Chinese ones.

I see revolution sells an oem carb for $250 and a "rhox" carb for $50, are teh $50 that bad?
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:35 AM   #30
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
I see revolution sells an oem carb for $250 and a "rhox" carb for $50, are teh $50 that bad?
I honestly don’t know, I’ve never tried them. I’d say it’s probably worth giving David a call and asking him. He’s always shot me straight before, even to the point of sending me somewhere else to buy parts because it would be $10-20 cheaper.

But Ive tried plenty of China carbs in the past with only one ever working out... that was on a Honda rancher 350 because it had no carb at all when I bought it. But that’s not really a fair comparison because a rancher 350 will run on pretty much anything, with amounts of abuse that nearly no other engine ever built will withstand. Those aren’t the most powerful machines ever made but are the definition of “bulletproof”.

The rest of the China carbs I’ve bought I just used for gaskets, soft parts, or plastic linkage pieces on yamaha carbs because the original was 30 years old and deteriorated.

If you’ve got the oem carb still, I’d say it’s money better spent buying a $80 ultrasonic cleaner and a gallon “paint can” of gunk parts cleaner. I have yet to meet a carb I couldn’t save with that combo.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car