lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default club car weight?

Ok this may seem odd. I am looking to replace my trailer it just weights too much. it weights 860 pounds. I have to borrow a truck to pull it. I am looking for a trailer like what tsc has. These you can lift with one hand and roll it anywhere. I am looking for one i can pull with my grand prix. I was just wonder ing if a 5x8 would be big enough and what is the weight of a golf cart. I am thinking my car should pull it but would rather ask than burn up a tranny.......
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: club car weight?

one of my trailers is just short of 8ft, my cc has a bed and hitch on it, i cant close my tailgate, i strap it up and its fine,, but some people might not be comfortable doing that,,, i dont know the weight but i would guess around 500lbs,,,
adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
rib33024

What Is my golf cart weight? Club Car / Yamaha / Ezgo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information below is the dry weight without batteries or modifications direct from the manufacturer. Most often electric golf carts weigh less than gasoline golf carts.

Club Car Precedent Electric: 495 Pounds
Club Car Precedent Gas: 606 Pounds
Club Car DS IQ-System Electric: 498 Pounds
Club Car DS Gas: 619 Pounds

EZGO RXV Electric: 571 Pounds
EZGO RXV Gas: 697 Pounds
EZGO Medalist/TXT Electric: 550 Pounds
EZGO Medalist/TXT Gas: 750 Pounds
EZGO Marathon Electric: N/A
EZGO Marathon Gas: N/A

Yamaha The Drive Electric: 535 Pounds
Yamaha The Drive Gas: 536 Pounds
Yamaha G22 Electric: 549 Pounds
Yamaha G22 Gas: 670 Pounds
Yamaha G19 Electric: 560 Pounds
Yamaha G19 Gas: N/A
Yamaha G16 Electric: 560 Pounds
Yamaha G16 Gas: 653 Pounds
Yamaha G14 Electric: 560 Pounds
Yamaha G14 Gas: 661 Pounds
Yamaha G9 Electric: 519 Pounds
Yamaha G9 Gas: 606 Pounds
Yamaha G8 Electric: 556 Pounds
Yamaha G8 Gas: 672 Pounds
Yamaha G5 Sun Classic: 798 Pounds
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:48 AM   #4
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

so a ds weights 619 and the trailer weights 350 and the car can pull 1000. pretty close have to stop in the dealership and see what they think......
Old 10-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

i think the grand prox is like most smaller cars and they only tell you to safely pull 1000lbs both trailor and load. due to the fact of ussauly small trilors like this have no trailor brakes. s your grand prix would have to staop all car and load and trailor.
so i would highy discourage a triolr with a golf cart, cause that would be pushing around 1000 lbs. and with only have brkeson the car. ussaully, or what i was taught was when you set your brakes up on a trailor you want those to set before the truck does. so your tralior basicly stops you not the truck. i just confused my ownself!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

My EZGO TXT weighs 1280 lbs on a certified scale. 36volt electric. my buddies 36 volt CC weighs 600 but his has nothing extra on it.
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

FYI, I think that you will find that most all of those little trailers do not have breaks. They will have break lights, but no breaks at the wheels. I don't know what the traffic and roads are like in your area, but, If I had city traffic and or steep hills to drive on, I would not want to haul a cart with a little car and no breaks on the trailer, never mind how hard it will be on the tranny. I would also bet a case of beer that the car dealer will tell you forget it.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #8
chachi44089
Getting Wild

I live on lake Erie and see small cars towing a pair of big jet skis and golf carts on a daily basis..My friend does it all the time. And his two jet skis plus gear weigh more than my cart. He pulls it with a Focus.. Drive responsibly and you should have no trouble. If you can turn off overdrive, it is best for towing.
chachi44089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:17 AM   #9
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

dealership said it would pull it fine. i look at it like this it is no different then pulling a 4 wheeler or jet ski. i seen a cavalier pull a jet ski no problems and did it all the time. i have never pulled a trailer with brakes on it. my inlaws has a ranger i usually pull it with but i am getting tired or borrowing it all the time. it has a 5 sd 4 banger in it about 67 mph is all it has on the highway. i dont know what to do maybe just go out and buy a truck lol
Old 10-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #10
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

i think the grand prix will handle a small trailer and a golfcart just fine,,, just dont hot rod,,, ive seen a mazda miata pull a pair of big jet skis with out problems... remember to allow extra distance to stop,,, most single axle trailers dont have brakes on them... my 16' tandem has/had them... wires got ripped out, so i took them off,,
adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car