lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2021, 11:17 PM   #61
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: SO CLOSE to moving!

You will get her going.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2021, 01:41 AM   #62
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I hate to lose! I will not give up (and appreciate all of the help and input here to achieve my end goal)!

Tomorrow is another day; I will be back at it again!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:11 PM   #63
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Are you in a position to operate the MCOR directly and see if the cart operates? The suspense is killing me.
ACCLR8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:40 PM   #64
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am going to try this this morning (have some work to finish up before I can go "play" with the cart-sometimes I really hate being responsible!!)

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...433#post258017

Depending on what that does or does not achieve, I am going to try and get a helper to turn the MCOR with a screwdriver or something manually while I check values. Fingers crossed that this works and all I need to do is figure out how to get the rod to properly turn in the MCOR!
Old 01-16-2021, 02:56 PM   #65
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK-so was able to sneak out to the garage for a little bit. I tried the zip tie trick and it didn't work, so I cut a piece of fuel line and pushed it over the "ear" on the MCOR go pedal rod (rod is also new and I do not see any wear on the go pedal where the rod slides over, but it is a very sloppy fit). With MM set at 20K Ohms I now get 5.38 at full pedal up and 1.64 at full pedal down-progress!!! I suspect that I am not getting full throttle with that high of a reading still, correct? It still takes quite a bit of pedal push to get the relay to initially click so I need to mess around with this some more (and I don't really think that the fuel line "bushing" is the best I can do either).

Do I dare hook stuff back up like it was and see what happens? I feel like I was close and that the rod not turning may have been the culprit (and since nothing blew up or popped before maybe I did have everything wired correctly?).

I ain't gonna do nothing until I hear back! I'm thinking that I am pretty close but that patience is a virtue here!
Old 01-16-2021, 03:23 PM   #66
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

By ear do you mean the fork the pedal actuates when pushed like in the picture below?
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...65463a62c8.jpg
You will definitely not get full speed but it should be enough to test and find out if you need to move the negative throttle wire to the 24-pin connector #14 position.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:49 PM   #67
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
By ear do you mean the fork the pedal actuates when pushed like in the picture below?
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...65463a62c8.jpg
You will definitely not get full speed but it should be enough to test and find out if you need to move the negative throttle wire to the 24-pin connector #14 position.
That is it, Sir!

I went out and measured and got a bit more info (that I hope will be helpful). For this section:

Follow that gray/white wire that comes from the 16-pin Connector (A) pin #3 and unplugged it.
Measure the resistance between that gray/white wire and Pin #15 on 24-pin Connector (B).
The resistance should go from below 200Ω to 5.5kΩ (approximately) from pedal UP to Pedal Down.

Again, with MM set at 20K Ohms, I get 0.04 at pedal full up and 4.32 at pedal full down. Should I take this wire back to B- or should I do something else with it first?
Old 01-16-2021, 07:19 PM   #68
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got excited.......... Figured since it "worked" before (barely) it had to work again, right? Went out and hooked everything up (again no sparks or magic smoke!) and I slowly pushed the pedal-WooHoo!!!!! She spun the wheels! Slowly at first, and then I built up a bit of speed (all on jacks-I have to go see some friends that came in from out of town (don't tell Newsom!) and don't have time to shuffle the garage around and actually take it for a ride-dangit!).

It sounds like I have some rubbing on the brake pads so I will have to look into that, and I still need to fool around to get full pedal, but she should roll on her own tomorrow!!!

So thankful for all who offered help and encouragement!! And just in case you think that since I got this running (somewhat) and won't be here anymore, I have a ton more stupid questions to ask so you are stuck with me!

A zillion thanks again for getting me this far!!!

EDIT-I tried to upload a quick video for proof but it wouldn't go :(
Old 01-16-2021, 08:21 PM   #69
morvolts2
Gone Wild

good news
now its time to finish prettying it up.
Tie everything down real good.
the first time I tried out my first conversion,I nailed it,the front wheels came off the ground and when it came down I was 2 ft from the neighbors fence.
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:40 PM   #70
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car