lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #31
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Batterys installed

vponder, how did your situation ever get ? I have very similar symptoms with my 92' Marathon. I just bought US batts yesterday and the first charge took 3hrs. I just took it out for the first ride and got 10-15min on very slight hills. I just plugged it back in for the 2nd charge after getting the pack to about 80% in that short time.

I was wondering what run time you were getting between your first few charging cycles ? Mine started out very good (this first time) and went to very average performance pretty quick. I was just wondering if you were also only getting about 10-15min at first. Thanks
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2010, 04:57 PM   #32
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZGOmywallet View Post
vponder, how did your situation ever get ? I have very similar symptoms with my 92' Marathon. I just bought US batts yesterday and the first charge took 3hrs. I just took it out for the first ride and got 10-15min on very slight hills. I just plugged it back in for the 2nd charge after getting the pack to about 80% in that short time.

I was wondering what run time you were getting between your first few charging cycles ? Mine started out very good (this first time) and went to very average performance pretty quick. I was just wondering if you were also only getting about 10-15min at first. Thanks
Im on about my 20th cycle on chargeing the batterys, Iv only run it down to about 80%, I still dont think that Im at the proper speed yet but Ive ran for about 30 min or so at full speed. I really dont recall the first few times I put the batts in Jan 9th. Mine is still takeing about 3 hours to recharge and about 1 hour if its been sitting for a while Im wondering about that 3 hours if thats normal, I took that chart on % in here and made a chart for my shop so its big and easy to read when I check it witht the volt meter. Vince
vponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #33
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Vince. I put mine back on charge (2nd time) about 2:00 today and it still has not cut off, so that puts me at about 4hrs on this charge so far. Thanks for the info, I hope to get some more run time getting to 80% since I only put it at full throttle about 3 times in that 15min earlier today. I will let you know if my charge times increase so maybe you will have a pretty good comparison with yours.

BTW, I did the same thing with my chart and I am also logging my charge times and volts under the chart. Jason
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha