lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
ezgoin92
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 differential fluid change, how much and what weight???

Hey guys I have searched for some threads but haven't found exactly what I am looking for, so as had been said many times thanks in advance.

I recently painted my 92 electric EZ GO and as part of its process of painting everything from top bottom and under we utilized the turn it on its side method the only issue is i lost some fluid out of the breather cap. Not knowing the history of the cart it should probably be changed anyway. I did not find a cap on top only the access cap which seemed a little low to properly fill the unit. Does anyone know the correct gear weight oil and how much is used in it. Also am I just filling to the top of the access plug and that is sufficient? In general I'll take as much direction on changing the fluid as possible.

Once its all put back together we'll post some pics.

Thanks guys
ezgoin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 differential fluid change, how much and what weight???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgoin92 View Post
Hey guys I have searched for some threads but haven't found exactly what I am looking for, so as had been said many times thanks in advance.

I recently painted my 92 electric EZ GO and as part of its process of painting everything from top bottom and under we utilized the turn it on its side method the only issue is i lost some fluid out of the breather cap. Not knowing the history of the cart it should probably be changed anyway. I did not find a cap on top only the access cap which seemed a little low to properly fill the unit. Does anyone know the correct gear weight oil and how much is used in it. Also am I just filling to the top of the access plug and that is sufficient? In general I'll take as much direction on changing the fluid as possible.

Once its all put back together we'll post some pics.

Thanks guys
Try these links:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...iff-fluid.html
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-marathon.html
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
ezgoin92
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 92 differential fluid change, how much and what weight???

Thanks for finding those, the one I had caught but not the other. Appreciate and think we can go forward from here.
ezgoin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO