lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2022, 09:17 PM   #1
DarwinConnection
Not Yet Wild

Default E.R.I.C not completing charge - Battery Test Results, Opinions Please

Greetings

I have US-8VGC batteries installed in a 2015 Precedent that are almost three years old. Living in tropical Australia, conditions this time of the year are hot & humid (35C or 95F & 90% humidity). The cart was used through December and then sat on charge after xmas for most of January, when I inspected the batteries last weekend the water level was just at the top of the plates. Since a top up, the E.R.I.C will commence a charge however not enter the final cycle (absorption phase?) and throw the orange alarm indication. Utilising a different E.R.I.C charger configured for Trojans yielded the same result.

I grabbed a HIOKI BT3554 battery tester from work; the results are taken in the series sequence from the positive terminal;

8.37V 15.8mOhm
8.31V 17.5mOhm
8.37V 34.2mOhm
8.05V 11.1mOhm
8.26V 27.2mOhm
8.32V 16.6mOhm

Originally, when I first threw a meter across each of them I figured I had cooked the one with low volts, but the test results contradict that, two of the batteries showing a healthy voltage have a significantly higher resistance.

Appreciate any comments.
DarwinConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2022, 10:06 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: E.R.I.C not completing charge - Battery Test Results, Opinions Please

While none of those are all the great, the two lowest ones are problems. Are there any extra wires hooked to those batteries for accessories?

You might try bringing the charge level up on those with a 12v charger, and then try charging the pack again with the ERIC charger. I think you will end up buying a new set of batteries though.
What algorithm is the charger set to?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car