lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2016, 02:39 PM   #1
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default New G29 trans axle

hey all,

We had an oil leak from the rear axle of a 2012 yamaha g29, so instead of cracking it open and installing the new seal we ordered a brand new one. Problem is, when i installed it, it makes a low whirring,growling sound. The sound only happens when you let off the gas pedal, or when you move very slow. Also, if you are going normal speed and coast, and then hit the brake slightly, the noise goes away. Naturally at first, I did not suspect the new axle, but focused on the motor. Motor checked out ok, and inserted a penny in the motor coupler just for the heck of it .

Foolishly at first I assumed the axle fluid was full from the factory, so it went out for one day without being checked. When i finally added more fluid, I only had to add about 14 ounces to fill it up completely (supposedly holds 1-2 quarts). So, I don't believe I ruined the teeth from lack of oil based on how little I had to add to fill it completely.

Someone with much more experience with carts than me said its not uncommon that new axles from the factory have problems, like misaligned gears among other things.

please let me know if anyone has any other thoughts about this situation and if I didn't consider another issue

thanks as always
steve
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:36 AM   #2
drakesmix
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New G29 trans axle

I'm sorry I can't help you with your problem but im curious what the penny in the motor coupler does.
drakesmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:09 AM   #3
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...l-culprit.html
You can take a look at this post it won't give you the answers. But it talks about the same problem and all the things I have tried unsuccessfully I might add to fix it. I have come to the conclusion that the team axles on the electric carts are a POS.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:40 PM   #4
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizbgolf View Post
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...l-culprit.html
You can take a look at this post it won't give you the answers. But it talks about the same problem and all the things I have tried unsuccessfully I might add to fix it. I have come to the conclusion that the team axles on the electric carts are a POS.
thanks, will definitely read it, either way the boss has decided to use the warranty and just have it replaced with another

steve
Old 09-22-2016, 04:38 PM   #5
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakesmix View Post
I'm sorry I can't help you with your problem but im curious what the penny in the motor coupler does.
like a rubber bumper that is used on a club car ds motor coupling, its used to sort of center the armature inside the motor to eliminate noise and stuff. A penny can be used and fits perfectly inside a yamaha motor coupling lol. I even heard the yamaha factory itself invented this trick with their motors.

steve
Old 09-22-2016, 07:49 PM   #6
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Looks like fixing the simple oil leak would have been the better route
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:08 PM   #7
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Looks like fixing the simple oil leak would have been the better route
yeah, it would have been done already....but no one said my boss makes the best decisions
Old 09-22-2016, 08:13 PM   #8
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
yeah, it would have been done already....but no one said my boss makes the best decisions
He was going after dollars, not sense.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:19 PM   #9
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

lol, in this case he lost money, doing it free for the customer
Old 09-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #10
drakesmix
Not Yet Wild

That penny trick was a life saver. We have a fleet of g29's that are all starting to make rear end noise that we've been fighting for two years. I've read and tried everything I could find and nothing would fix them without costly repairs. Low and behold I tried a penny and it worked! Now we are going to put off on buying new carts for another year because of it. You have no idea how happy I am that you happen to mention that penny.
drakesmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha