lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2016, 10:35 PM   #1
ShawnQ
Not Yet Wild

Default How would a yamaha warrior exhaust sound on G2? Ever tried it?

My factory exhaust was gone when I bought my cart... and in its place was what looked like an old glass pack with no baffling, just hollow. It was way too loud!

I picked up a $10 universal 8-12hp lawnmower muffler for the time being, and welded it to the old flange. It sounds much better but it's temporary. It is too short and directs the exhaust right out and under the seat, which warms your tush.

I can't make myself spend $200-300 for exhaust when I can weld and fabricate my own. I just need to find the right parts.

With that said, I've got an old Yamaha Warrior ATV muffler sitting here. How do you think it will sound and perform? I think the warrior is a 350cc... so should be sufficient.

I may give it a shot. I'll share the results if I do. It looks like I can mount it horizontally across the width of the cart and make a small tailpipe that exits behind the tires. It should send all of the smell and noise out the back.

Thanks
Shawn
ShawnQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha