lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2021, 08:43 PM   #1
upnorthguy
Not Yet Wild

Question 2014 RXV Fails

Good Evening,

I have a 2014 RXV that has been great for the first year of ownership. This year, its been nothing but trouble. The dealership place near me wants 800$ to pickup, troubleshoot and whatever is wrong with it so I have been trying to read the posts and figure it out.

Here is what happened. I parked it for the night and when I tried to use the next day, it would double click like normal but no click when you press the throttle. I reversed the 1/2/3/4 connectors to free the brake and move it out of the way.

I replaced the solenoid and the 7.5amp fuse that I found blown and its still not moving.

The tow switch does nothing when selected. The cart when in the run position does click 2 times from the solenoid when I move the key from off to Forward or Backwards but that's it.

Pack voltage is 49.3-50.4 tested with multimeter. (depends on charge level when tested)

I seems difficult to troubleshoot without a reader. Maybe that's what I need to do to figure this out once and for all.

I appreciate the assistance. I wish I had a trailer and a vehicle to tow it to the dealership but 800$ seems crazy just to see what's wrong with it.
upnorthguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2021, 09:22 PM   #2
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2014 RXV Fails

Good luck. usgicollector will be along shortly to give you some advice.

I bought my non-running ‘13 RXV in May and I’m still trying to clean up the cobwebs

New batteries fixed my 1st issue. New input shaft fixed my 2nd issue. Now maybe a new reverse buzzer will fix my 3rd issue.

Here I thought I had gotten a deal at $2000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:29 PM   #3
upnorthguy
Not Yet Wild

Gosh, I got mine for 2k as well. worked great for a year then this year its been a nightmare.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:19 AM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like your not passing the startup test. Get the Curtis troubleshooting guide and do some checking. This could be just a bad switch you need to check a few things.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:07 PM   #5
upnorthguy
Not Yet Wild

With the startup guide can you do some of the tests without the controller programmer?
Old 09-14-2021, 03:17 PM   #6
upnorthguy
Not Yet Wild

I’m trying to find the startup guide now. So far I keep finding a coffee pot model haha.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:02 PM   #7
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RXV 48V AC Curtis Advanced Trouble-Shooting Guide.pdf (3.16 MB, 0 views)
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:10 PM   #8
upnorthguy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. I went out and bought a brand new multimeter because I was testing the throttle switches and I get NOTHING. Same with the new Multimeter. 0 volts detected. I followed the guide and put the key to the forward position and I hear the clunk and two clicks then I test.

So I should start with that maybe?
Old 09-19-2021, 12:41 PM   #9
upnorthguy
Not Yet Wild

Got to testing today with an actual car mechanic. We found the electronic brake to be failed. It’s testing 3.4 and blowing the fuse.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:18 PM   #10
upnorthguy
Not Yet Wild

Bought a oem replacement brake. It’s different than mine. Nothing lined up. Can’t get the screws to thread in whatsoever. Horrible design. I’m ready to junk it and get a club car has that someone nearby is selling.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO