lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2013, 03:20 AM   #1
arcedout
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default New winch fails on big hill!!! wth would you do?

Ok folks heres the deal, I purchased a new 3000lb winch for my cart and was out off roading so I decided too test the winch on a big hill.... Thank God I decided to get video of this and until I make contact with the company I will not disclose the manufacture to give them a fair chance too make this rite!! I had the cart almost 3/4 the way up the hill and stoped winching for a brief moment so my budy that was shooting the vid could move from the top of the hill to the bottom because I wanted video from both angles. After he got set up I started to winch again and I'm assuming a gear broke and the cart took off down the hill and thankfully there was 2 decent size saplings down almost at the bottom, the rear tires hit them slinging the front of cart around and almost rolling it but it did stay up and no one was injured. If it wasnt for the downed trees it hit the cart would have creamed a tree or possibly rolled, kinda hard to say due to the terrain we was on.... Thank God I had enough sense too use the 10' cord remote and stay out of the cart instead of using the thumb switch thats mounted too the stearing column. With that being said, what would you do other than not use this brand of winch ever again? I havent weighed my cart yet but doubt that it weighs over 2000lbs if that...
arcedout is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts