lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2016, 07:59 AM   #1
airtower
Not Yet Wild

Default G29/Drive Headlights on G22

I have an new to me G22 with the factory style lights, one of which needs to be replaced. The rectangular factory lights are pretty dated looking, but I found a picture of a G22 that had newer, G29 style lights fitted in the stock G22 shroud. However I have no idea if they were retrofitted in place of factory style lights, or cut in from a blank shroud.

It's a long shot, but has anyone done or at least looked in to the this? My guess is the G22 rectangular cutouts are a bit too wide to fit completely within the shape of the G29 cutouts, but maybe not. I can't seem to find a cutout diagram for any aftermarket G29 lights. Perhaps they all came with lights?
airtower is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2016, 09:59 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G29/Drive Headlights on G22

I don't know how they would fit but they are probably larger so you might be able to just enlarge the opening. If you decide to do that, go for the LED version that is available on EBAY. I got them to replace my stock ones on my Drive and they are much brighter and they use less power as well. They look the same and fit in the same opening.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:08 AM   #3
airtower
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I don't know how they would fit but they are probably larger so you might be able to just enlarge the opening. If you decide to do that, go for the LED version that is available on EBAY. I got them to replace my stock ones on my Drive and they are much brighter and they use less power as well. They look the same and fit in the same opening.
Enlarging them isn't an issue, it's that I'm worried my cutouts are too big ( specifically too wide) for them to begin with and would leave visible gaps. They would have to conceal an approx 7.5"x3.5" hole, which after measuring them and looking at them, I can almost say for certain that the Drive lights would not completely conceal the cutouts for the factory style G22 lights, as the widest 3.5" tall section of the Drive lights appears to be much narrower than 7.5".

Oh well, guess I'll have to stick with the factory style and just replace with LEDs all around, since it's not worth shelling out for a new, uncut front shroud. Thanks for the advice anyway.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:38 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Rectangular lights were not OEM...they are aftermarket. Very doughtfull that JU0 (g16 thru G22) or JW1 (G29) headlight cut outs will work. Saw a member put G29 head lights on a G22, but he even said there are "gaps" because of the body differances. Here's a pix of G22 "streamline headlite basel's. Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014_0403yamahaulerfinished0001.jpg (243.8 KB, 0 views)
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:57 AM   #5
airtower
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Rectangular lights were not OEM...they are aftermarket. Very doughtfull that JU0 (g16 thru G22) or JW1 (G29) headlight cut outs will work. Saw a member put G29 head lights on a G22, but he even said there are "gaps" because of the body differances. Here's a pix of G22 "streamline headlite basel's. Good luck
Hmm, very interesting. Are those still being manufactured? In my hours of searching, I've never seen those before.

Attached is a non rectangular set I've seen available, and that I think might work with my cutouts, but I like the set you have much better!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _showimage.jpg (9.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-01-2016, 07:46 AM   #6
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by airtower View Post
Hmm, very interesting. Are those still being manufactured? In my hours of searching, I've never seen those before.

Attached is a non rectangular set I've seen available, and that I think might work with my cutouts, but I like the set you have much better!
GCA-JU015-00-00 Yamaha Streamline Light Kit
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:03 PM   #7
airtower
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
GCA-JU015-00-00 Yamaha Streamline Light Kit
Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha