lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2013, 03:20 AM   #1
arcedout
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default New winch fails on big hill!!! wth would you do?

Ok folks heres the deal, I purchased a new 3000lb winch for my cart and was out off roading so I decided too test the winch on a big hill.... Thank God I decided to get video of this and until I make contact with the company I will not disclose the manufacture to give them a fair chance too make this rite!! I had the cart almost 3/4 the way up the hill and stoped winching for a brief moment so my budy that was shooting the vid could move from the top of the hill to the bottom because I wanted video from both angles. After he got set up I started to winch again and I'm assuming a gear broke and the cart took off down the hill and thankfully there was 2 decent size saplings down almost at the bottom, the rear tires hit them slinging the front of cart around and almost rolling it but it did stay up and no one was injured. If it wasnt for the downed trees it hit the cart would have creamed a tree or possibly rolled, kinda hard to say due to the terrain we was on.... Thank God I had enough sense too use the 10' cord remote and stay out of the cart instead of using the thumb switch thats mounted too the stearing column. With that being said, what would you do other than not use this brand of winch ever again? I havent weighed my cart yet but doubt that it weighs over 2000lbs if that...
arcedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2013, 03:32 AM   #2
arcedout
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New winch fails on big hill!!! wth would you do?

Also I got some video of cart crossing a small river we camp at that I will share for your viewing pleasure. You can dissregard my friends comontary where he says we got stuck earlier because we didnt, but the motor did heat up and had too let it cool down and thats what he was talking about. If you figure out the type of winch from the vid o well, guess they should build a better product!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #3
arcedout
Gone Wild

Club Car

Video was taken with iphone and will not upload.... Any help with this would be greatly appreciated....
Old 07-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #4
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

There video won't upload to here or another site like photobucket? I know nothing about Apple products but I usually upload to a image sharing site before posting it in a forum.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #5
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

One of two things will happen. Either they will replace/repair it with little hassle or they will tell you that it was abuse and to go pound salt. My bet is on the 2nd one. I'm sure they will find something you did "wrong" and therefore they won't have to warranty it. Good luck and let us now how it goes!
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
arcedout
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetbu View Post
One of two things will happen. Either they will replace/repair it with little hassle or they will tell you that it was abuse and to go pound salt. My bet is on the 2nd one. I'm sure they will find something you did "wrong" and therefore they won't have to warranty it. Good luck and let us now how it goes!
I sure hope your wrong, this was the first time this winch was used and since the cart is at the very least 1000lbs lighter than the winch rating I have a hard time understanding they could say it was abused and they know I just recieed it the same day this happened
Old 07-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Are you aware that typically winch ratings are based upon winching on level ground or very mild incline?
You may have undersized the winch for the job due to the angle of incline you chose.
I'm just saying, check that out before you go off on the company.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Harbor Freight will exchange/refund with receipt within 90 days.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Harbor Freight will exchange/refund with receipt within 90 days.
HF ~ I used to mount those on the service trailers, they failed 100% of the time eventually. Some lasted longer than others but none lasted long enough, IMHO they are junk.

Get something BIGGER & Better
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #10
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I wouldn't tell them that you have video of what happened .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts