lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
burnsidedawg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1992 Club Car Moves When F or R is selected???????

My 1992 electric club car moves, with key off or on when forward or reverse is selected. I noticed this the other night when I drove it around the island parked it and hooked up the charger. Went to the garagemahal and it smelled like wires burning. So I unplugged the cart. It was totally dead the next am. After work, I put the charge back on and that is when I discovered the problem with the selector switch. With the brake on it could not move so it sat there with minimal forward motiong making the resistors overheat. What the heck is the problem? I put it in neutral to hopefully salvage the batteries.

Thanks,

Burnsidedawg
burnsidedawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car