lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #1
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default 625 zongshen engine

I just seen on Vegascarts site they state they are no longer a seller of any part of the 625 engine BUT list that Zongchen can be reached for engines and parts.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2020, 05:51 PM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: 625 zongshen engine

I thought the 625 was supposed to replace the 460?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I am GUESSING that the HP upgrading wasn't there. The HF 670 seems to be their engine of choice at the moment. Who knows what is going to happen with the Duromax 713. The 713 is more compact and more akin to the 460 like valve train. All kinds of rumors out there. Stay Tuned. At the end of the day they make install kits and headers for the honda clone, 625, HF 670 and the vanguard for many different carts. Not to mention the 670 kit for the clockwise Club cart
Old 12-08-2020, 01:09 PM   #4
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

Seems strange they would go to all that trouble of sourcing and testing and developing this to just abandon it a few years down the road. I guess when mine lays down it will be Vanguard time, if B&S is still producing those.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

If you look at their site for the new Zongshen beta mounts. They are for nonlifted carts only. I wonder if the premature engine failures were due to the engine being VERY level sensitive for proper oil circulation?
Old 12-08-2020, 10:20 PM   #6
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The HF 670 is the engine of choice for who Ray? for you ? Not for me
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:52 AM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKERMIKEYBLACK View Post
The HF 670 is the engine of choice for who Ray? for you ? Not for me
Yeah I'm with you, I don't think the 670 is proven yet. It works and it has aftermarket support, but it hasn't been around long enough to be proven durable. I'm still suspect on the China Freight engines.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:54 AM   #8
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

It is what Vegascarts is recommending on their site for lifted carts with their installation kits NOT me if you 2 can read.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:01 AM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I thought most people did not mod their engines like some of us do, that is why the 625 was supposed to be ideal more power and similar small profile as a 420/460. Who knows maybe the business deal or problems were enough to move away from it. If you do want to mod the 460 is very ideal and very good deal. IDK I'd like to do a twin if I did another cart, sure I'd do a HF twin, but mostly because I've done clone single swaps I'd rather do something else. However the advantage with the mod clone is I can do over 40mph on 22s with stock gears, it has a lot of take off power. Without mods you need HS gears I guess just to hit 35mph or so, which I really prefer. I don't need 40mph but 30 is pretty stock feeling lol. My cart on 22s ran 31mph gps with a stock clone (or the stock G9 engine ran 30 sometimes it just took a lot longer) and no governor at 4300rpm floating the valves. It ran 38mph with mods but all stock cam/rod, it had head done and rockers, springs, timing key, header, etc., and showed 5200rpm on the tiny tach. Now with a rod and cam it goes faster, not really sure how fast but it has more power as well. I hit 41mph then changed the carb it runs better yet. OTOH I don't really want to blow it up lol and I don't run roads so 40mph isn't usefull to me anyway. But with a twin I'd have to figure out what to do or have enough mods to get 5K rpm out of it would be ideal. I don't run high speeds only in bursts to the next trail but would not be as much fun without some zip there.

Geoff is pretty light on his feet, if something is not working he moves on. He might find a better deal or he might be busy with non cart work also. I'm just saying it could also be he has problems getting the engines, or shipping, or epa, or price went up, etc, and those things can make him lose the engine also.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 01:53 AM   #10
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Agree Sho supply demand,no support , COVID has messed up a lot of business too and then there’s always epa and emissions
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!