lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2022, 08:34 PM   #1
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Billet Rod for the HF 459

I have been kind of asking Geoff from VC about parts for the HF 459, GREAT NEWS they are tooling up a Billet Rod for it
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2022, 11:43 AM   #2
Low-Tec
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Billet Rod for the HF 459

Do we know differences?
Length, pin sizes, no oil dipper?
I was thinking it would probably still take the standard clone rod.
I would think it still needs an oil dipper, because it looks like only the 2 main bearings are fed pressurized lube. That's just my observation based on studying Red Beard's YouTube video as best I can.
Low-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 12:23 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

In his hop up video he measures things. It has a super nice piston BUT with its pin height and the 69 mm stroke the rod needs to be shorter and tapered in the piston like the 625. BUT up until now the only was to have zero deck height with a billet rod was the no longer produced VC long rod set up. I guess lesson learned from the 625 was to use this 2 method oiling set up. Unlike generators in carts the oil is getting all flung around away from the pump pick up. One other note the block is really beefy like the 625's. It certainly looks like Zongshen is the manufacturer. BIG POINT is that we could take that new piston from the 459 and add the new VC rod and install that into the earlier VC 460 engine giving us a nice light weight flat top piston/rod combo with zero deck height
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 02:04 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Can't they fit a windage tray or something in there?
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps