lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Oil type

Can someone tell me what brand synthetic oil to buy, I want to change the rear end and steering oil in my G1.
Thanks.
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Oil type

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic746 View Post
Can someone tell me what brand synthetic oil to buy, I want to change the rear end and steering oil in my G1.
Thanks.
Man you have alot of questions! I "LOVE IT" ! If you want to put synthetic oil in your "diff" go for it . 80/90 weight is what is called for. (if you don't know how to drain and refill, just ask) For your steering box........I would take the top plate off (4 10mm head bolts) and "pack" it with grease! It helps to "tighten" the pitman arm motion and you won't hear as much of a "clunking" noise when steering. Now to adjust the pitman screw.....jack up the front end, lossen the 10mm jam nut and turn the slotted set screw 1/4 turn inward (in incruments) and then turn the steering wheel "lock to lock" if you feel a "binding" (and you will) turn the screw out 1/4 turn till you don't. Remember this is not "rack and pinion" there will be some "play". I have found I like the original set up because it is "self centering" or it will return to "straight" were "rack and pinion" will "hold" its position. Give it a try and let us all know what you think. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Oil type

Thanks dave, isn' that the only way to learn how to do things is ask hahahaa. Thanks for your answer, yea I hear folks changing the rear over to synthetic so might as well try it.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha