lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
Ronf
Not Yet Wild

Default Textron charger not charging

I have a Textron charger # 28115 G01 that will not come on. The battery pack voltage is 37.2 volts. I ran the pack down to 35.6 volts but the charger still will not turn on. No clicks, no hum, no output on meter. I need a wiring diagram for this charger and some ideas. I believe that a circuit board and/of a relay has gone bad.
Thank you
Ron
Ronf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
Goat53
Gone Wild

Default Re: Textron charger not charging

Try the textron stickey post at the begenning of this section
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Ronf..................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:54 AM   #4
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ronf,
You can bypass the on/off relay on the board by putting a jumper wire across the two relay terminals.
Here is how:
1. depending on your cart place the cart in tow/maintenace with the switch on the controller cover.
2. Remove the cover on the charger with it unplugged.
3. Plug the charger in on the cart
4. Place a jump wire (12 Awg Min) across the two terminals on the on/off relay on circuit board. This should be the board that is mounted on the bottom of the charger next to the capacitor and will be a small black box with two black wires hooked to it.
5. Plug the charger in and listen for it to power on. Do not leave the charger plugged in for more than a few seconds as to err on the side of safety.
6. If the charger powers on then in all liklihood the on/off board is bad and needs to be replaced (around $70.00).
7. If it does not power on then check the charger plug and continuity of the red wire running from the back side of the cart charger receptalce to the battery.
Good luck.
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
wizardtroy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
I have a Textron charger # 28115 G01 that will not come on. The battery pack voltage is 37.2 volts. I ran the pack down to 35.6 volts but the charger still will not turn on. No clicks, no hum, no output on meter. I need a wiring diagram for this charger and some ideas. I believe that a circuit board and/of a relay has gone bad.
Thank you
Ron
Hey everybody, don't forget to check inline fuse link inside and reset the pop out button before saying that the open circuit voltage monitor board is at fault. Pull fuse link from clips and check with ohm meter. They do get warm over time hence wears them out from fatigue. I if I remember right, the circuit board will not become active until you reach 33 or 34 volts.Number U8 voltage regulator #78L-10A gives trouble.If board is bad then it would be the voltage comparator IC chip #MC14520B chip.
wizardtroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
wizardtroy
Not Yet Wild

If you are going to jump across the 'AC' tabs on the board then don't cook your batts. to death. Make sure they are full of fluid hence DISTILLED WATER ONLY. Bubbles are OK but don't let batts get too hot.
wizardtroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO