lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
TRP
Gone Wild

Default Ted's 1989 Club Car DS - the evolution of a sporting clays cart

Hey Gang,

I had been looking on and off for about 2 weeks for a used cart that I could use as a sporting clays rig. My plan was to get a solid runner. Lift it, put some bigger tires on it. Add a sporting clays basket, flip flop rear seat, and some other minor stuff.

Found this one on Craig's List. IT was 2 hours away. The owner and I met about halfway in the middle. I took it for a ride and looked it over quickly. We negotiated a bit on the price for some issues which were not disclosed.

This one came 1/2 way done. I figured it might be worth a shot.

Below is how it looked in the ad:

This is how it looked when he picked it up, after a few hours of clean up:

The previous owner did some tear down. Installed a lift, and got it ready to paint:

During pre assmebly:

When he and I were negotiating the deal on the phone, he mentioned a crack in the cowl. He sent a photo of the crack. It didn't look too bad.

When he arrived at the meeting spot, the cracks looked a lot worse. I was kind of bummed.

Regardless, it ran well and looked better than most carts in the price range so I bought it and it followed me home.

I will update this thread over time as I make improvements.

Thanks!
Ted
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1989, club car ds, gas, skeet, sporting clays
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts