lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Default Determination of Models TXT, DCS, PDS, MEDALIST and features of each?

I have looked and haven't found a way to tell the difference in each of the EZ GO Models or the features that come with each of those models. I would like to tell the little bit I know and offer some pictures as examples. (if I make mistakes please PM me and I will correct it so as to not junk the post for others) I would like it if you guys could also add the info you have and photo examples of what to look for.
We can edit as we go along to add info or change to better example pics.
AggressiveBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Default Re: Determination of Models TXT, DCS, PDS, MEDALIST and features of each?

A PDS/DCS cart has a tow/run switch like this on the controller cover (this picture is a DCS because it has a Front-Neutral-Rear switch on the seat cowl):

A PDS can have a speed chip as an option which can be adjusted for different speed/torgue settings.

And a TXT has no run/two switch like the picture below:
Old 01-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
TDOG
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Determination of Models TXT, DCS, PDS, MEDALIST and features of each?

Both the PDS and DCS have the run/tow switch on the controller. The PDS hasa forward reverse switch in the dash while the DCS has it on the seat wrap just like the TXT series car. The PDS has the option of being equipped with a Freedom ( Speed ) Chip while the DCS does not. Does this help clear things up?
TDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Alright now Im confused. My 2000 ez go has the forward / reverse switch on the seat wrap but my controller has the freedom chip option. I assumed my cart was a PDS until, but my F/R is not on the dash.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

In the first pic that cart is a DCS, because it has the lever F&R. The PDS will have the push button for F&R up on the dash.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #6
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Thanks for the info, I will edit the post. Take another look in a few minutes and make sure I have it right.

Anybody have a pic of a DCS cart then? So I can put it in the post, since it would have a different F&R setup?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #7
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Alright now Im confused. My 2000 ez go has the forward / reverse switch on the seat wrap but my controller has the freedom chip option. I assumed my cart was a PDS until, but my F/R is not on the dash.
You have a rare first gen PDS. The very first PDS carts had the FNR just like the predecessor DCS. Not very many of these before they changed to FNR on dash. Only in 2000 model year. Every PDS after 2000 will be FNR on dash.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #8
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
You have a rare first gen PDS. The very first PDS carts had the FNR just like the predecessor DCS. Not very many of these before they changed to FNR on dash.
"RARE" you say......Okay boys the starting bid is $10K Do I have any takers.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:58 PM   #9
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
"RARE" you say......Okay boys the starting bid is $10K Do I have any takers.
LOL! Not that rare. And who wants a half breed anyway!!!

pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #10
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh well, you cant blame a guy for trying

However, thanks for clearing that up for those of us with reflicted carts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO