lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 starting problem

Is this normal I know I have heard that in the winter you need to pull the choke out. I have to pull my choke out at every start up on my G1. Gets on my nerves having to do that each and every time. Or can I adjust the carb a little and see if that will help.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2009, 06:43 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 starting problem

It's normal to have to pull the choke on a cold engine. Or are you saying you have to pull the choke each and everytime you start off after the engine has warmed up? If this happens to be the case, I'd clean the carb out with carb cleaning and probably needs a new plug.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:50 AM   #3
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Morning Spriddle, just put in a new plug last week and the carb is clean looks like a new one inside and out. Now this is on my 81 G1 it has the throttle linkage that wraps around the complete side of the engine and links up to the exhaust that has that flap inside. My 82 G1 doesn't have all that mess on it and it dont have a flap inside the exhaust port. Oh and yes it is every time I start it no matter if I have run it for a hour always have to pull the choke out.
Calvin
Old 05-13-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Best guess at this point since you have a new plug and clean carb, is it may be an air flow problem at start.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Have you replaced the crank seals on this engine?

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:40 PM   #6
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Spriddle air flow is all good I took off all the plastic a few weeks ago and super cleaned up all the head fins and bee nests a mouse nest ahhaha you name it and it was inside the plastic. Before I took the plastic off with the G1 up on stands and at high throttle you could barely feel any air blowing through the engine and out the other side, after cleaning and plastic back on it feels like I have a window fan blowing under there.
Ron, no I haven't replaced the seals on it yet I have them but was going to wait to see if it needed them. I cant remember but someone on here said one time you can take some type of spray and while the engine is running I guess at mid throttle up on stands you spray what ever kind of spray it is at the seals and if the engine revs up that means the seals are bad. Is that how you can test them and what type spray do you use?
Thanks fellows.
Calvin
Old 05-15-2009, 07:11 AM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Yes that has worked for people. try using wd40. You could use starting fluid but very little as it will not keep the engine lubricated.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thank you Ron if I feel ok late this evening I'll try it in the garage thanks again Ron and have a good day.
Calvin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha