lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
rdaystrom
Not Yet Wild

Default 04 DS jerky at real low speed

Just got this cart used. (04 Club Car DS) It jerks or pulses slightly at real low speeds. (slow walking pace) As I push the throttle a little more it seems to kinda stumble slightly then it goes fine all the way to full throttle. I use a cart at very low speeds sometimes and the pulsing is somewhat annoying. Is it the mcor or could marginal batteries cause this?
Also the throttle peddle needs to be pushed about 3 inches before anything happens. I looked under it and the throttle linkage doesn't actually turn the shaft to the mcor until the peddle is moved 2 inches. Then after the peddle pushed a total of 3 inches the solenoid clicks and the throttle works fine from there to fully depressed. That first 3 inch push drives me crazy. Is that normal? My older Yamaha G19 responded when the throttle was pushed even very slightly, like a 1/4" or less. So what is the reason the throttle peddle would have 3 inches of play before the cart even moves? Thanks
rdaystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2009, 02:00 AM   #2
rcdd
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 04 DS jerky at real low speed

Try adjusting the slack outta the linkage and see if that helps......what voltages are you gettting from each battery?..
rcdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:32 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 04 DS jerky at real low speed

I had the same problem with my 1996 and found that the linkage was worn enough to cause the same as you. In my case the wear was so bad I had to make up a shim to tighten it up and having the older MCOR that will require new linkage anyway I will wait until then to do complete change over.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car