lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2021, 01:08 PM   #1
j_man_21050
Not Yet Wild

Default 2 EZGO Carts for $3500 - Good Deal???

Someone in my area is selling a 48v 2010 Ezgo RXV and a 36v 2001 Ezgo TXT as a bundle for $3500. Both carts need new batteries. 2 new tires are required as well as the charger for the 36v cart. From the photos both appear to be in pretty decent shape sans a few minor scratches to the body panels. Both carts have been sitting. The 48v cart was running about 2 years ago per the seller. Not sure about the 36v cart.

For the price would it be worth the gamble to buy these carts, get them running and possibly flip them? After batteries and any unforeseen parts that needed to be replaced would there be any profit in these carts? Would there be any money to be made parting them out if they were not repairable?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
j_man_21050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2021, 01:28 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Buying 2 Carts Help

Rxv probably has the danaher controller which if bad is expensive to replace, like $1k. Txt could be a series or sepex cart but definitely fixable. Price seems high to me but in today’s world who knows.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 01:38 PM   #3
j_man_21050
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Buying 2 Carts Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Rxv probably has the danaher controller which if bad is expensive to replace, like $1k. Txt could be a series or sepex cart but definitely fixable. Price seems high to me but in today’s world who knows.
In my area used carts with "not new" batteries are selling for $4-5k. I figured $3500 for BOTH carts (not $3500 each) was a good price even if they need batteries. They look like old fleet carts from a golf course.

I am kind of new to golf carts which is why I am turning to this forum for help.
j_man_21050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 02:12 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2 EZGO Carts for $3500 - Good Deal???

Both can be fixed if something is wrong with them but you won’t know the cost until you get your hands on them. They might just need batteries but both may require full rebuilds. So 1500-who knows
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:39 PM   #5
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, if you break em down...RXV is $2K and maybe needs $2k...if you do it quick, worst case scebario, you get your money back, unless you need things like rearend, frame repairs, seats, etc. $1500 for the TXT and maybe $1200 in parts, easy money in today's world. Again, provided there are no hidden issues. Gotta do them both quick and sell em. You night get lucky and it is just batteries and minor stuff. If they are flood carts...much bigger issue. Why is seller selling them? Why do they have two dead carts? Gotta get the history.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 07:08 AM   #6
TGJR
Gone Wild

Money and labor add up quickly when messing with older carts and trying to turn a profit.
TGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 07:11 AM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Some photos would sure help giving suggestions and help here.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:45 PM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Golf carts seem to be selling at an all time high. For how long this will continue to happen beats me.

As soon as I say something is not worth the price it sells quick.
We are witnessing things never before seen.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:54 PM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Golf carts seem to be selling at an all time high. For how long this will continue to happen beats me.

As soon as I say something is not worth the price it sells quick.
We are witnessing things never before seen.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo rxv, ezgo txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO