lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
bogeyman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default g16 primary clutch

my g16 has a vibration when taking off, seems to level out when hits top speed, i checked the play in both clutches and found that the primary clutch has up and down play of about 1\4 inch would this cause the vibration, and will it hurt anything to keep driving it the way it is.
bogeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: g16 primary clutch

Hi Bogeman,
Don't know if I can help or not but I have a primary clutch taken out of a 1982 Yamaha G2. If you need to buy one I could let you have it pretty cheap. I would be shipping it from Canada so, if you need it, agree to the postage and want it PM me.
Crazy Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyman View Post
my g16 has a vibration when taking off, seems to level out when hits top speed, i checked the play in both clutches and found that the primary clutch has up and down play of about 1\4 inch would this cause the vibration, and will it hurt anything to keep driving it the way it is.
Will it hurt?...It will just get worse. The bushings are replaceable. Do you hear a "growling" noise or feel a "vibration" in the seat of your pants? Useually its the secondary drive bushing thats bad, but 1/4 inch play in the primary is not right. Good luck and keep us posted. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
andcon83
Getting Wild
Yamaha

The primary on my g14 has some up/down play. Not a 1/4 in. though. Mine only vibrates when you are at top speed. Bushings sound like a pretty easy fix Not to hijack your thread- where can u get them?
andcon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
bogeyman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thanks, after further investigation found that the bolts that hold rear end in place were lose,only two left in,replaced them, tightened them up and the vibration is gone, also i think the 1/4 play in the primary turns out to be about 1/8 when the clutch is open and no play when pushed in, thanks once again,
bogeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha