lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
BurningCart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Snowplow?

Any good ideas on how to mount a snowplow on my 1994-1/2 Ez-Go?
BurningCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #2
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Snowplow?

I have also been thinking about that, would make moving snow much more fun. the E-Z-go looks to be a pain in the A$$ to make a mount for since it should tie into the frame at some point.
cartin AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

The factory ones for the ST type vehicles mount in the 2" receiever on the axle, as I understand it. I think you can get a plethora of things to mount in there.

The idea of pushing against the axle/leaf springs sort of puts me on edge, though. I guess you just have to know your limits and use good judgement.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #4
Dero
Gone Wild

I would NOT do it if the cart is lifted with blocks. That would give the axle more leverage to twist and bend springs excessively.
Dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
Woodie1976
Gone Wild

a friend of mine is a good fab person so i'm going to take mine over to him and see if we cant make a mount off the frame somewhere some how and then just have the blade be lifted up with like a small wench or something... i donno i have been thinking about it also...... then the thoughts of how well is a electric golf cart going to work in the cold snow
Woodie1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:15 PM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningCart View Post
I have wanted to add a plow to my cart for sometime. I was curious how this one worked, and then I saw that axle mount. That scared me! I have a 1972 Cub Cadet that I have actually chipped concret with on accident. I would be affraid I would torque that axle and mess it up. I guess I will keep looking for ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
On your cub there is a frame that hooks up under the tractor that the snowplow hooks to, thats how you need to do the mounts to put one on an ezgo. You need the plow hooked to the frame leaving the front suspension free.
If I really wanted to I could take the snow plow setup off of my cub and mount it to my cart. Unless i'm over looking something it seems as though it would be pretty easy. maybe have to make the plows frame a little longer. The idea of a sub frame mounted under the cart frame is sound and would work.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
BurningCart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hmmmm, I need to just flip my cart on it's back like a bug and get a really good look at whats available.
BurningCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I'm in the market for one myself, Got an idea but no plow yet. Granddad had an old wheelhorse that had one similar. Frame goes between front wheels as you drive over it. Hook up the winch and raise up back and slide in 3/4"dia. pin in each side and go. even had pivot blade.

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #9
LDOGGYDIZZLE
Not Yet Wild

Mine came with one and the entire setup is for sale. This includes the entire lift kit (front axle, spindles, plow, winch, controller, harness..) There is a extra bar (that pivots with the suspension) added to the front axle that mounts to the frame so the load isnt on the leaf springs and blocks when plowing.

It takes one person to put it on/off and maybe 1 minute of time. The winch lifts and lowers it and the angle can be adjusted from the drivers seat. It is a craftsmen plow.

I can pallette it and ship it.
Best Offer takes it.
LDOGGYDIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
thunderrug
Not Yet Wild

I am mounting one right now. I am using the same sort of idea as the pic but with a little difference. I am mounting the main bracket to the front axle and using the hole for towing as the main anchor. The secondary attachment will be the under side mounts.

Will get some pics up soon.

Matt
thunderrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO