lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #1
ross
Not Yet Wild

Pargo

Default 1977 ezgo please help

just got this cart not knowing a thing about it.now after a new battery and nothing .I took it apart a found a broken armature.It has a 244 robin 2 stroke i think'
Can I fix this or could I try to replace with another engine that has forward and rev .If they still make them
I have no idea which direction to go.
Thanks 4 any help
ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2008, 06:51 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1977 ezgo please help

Welcome Ross. From all that I know about these 2 stroke carts u fix and use it or sell it and replace with a 4 stroke cart. The rear ends are completely different. The 2 stroke rear has one direction and the motor 'runs' forward or backwards. the 4 stroke engine runs 1 direction and the rear end has a directional change. Hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

Ross, first off welcome to the forum!

The armature in the starter/alternator in your engine is no longer available. I have the same model cart and know that there isn't much as far as replacement parts for them. Its a great engine once it is running though. I remember seeing on here (in the for sale section maybe) someone with an older robin engine that they were parting out and I believe he had an armature (used of course).
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:45 PM   #4
ross
Not Yet Wild

Pargo

thanks guys
i got a good look at the amature and it is gone.outside brushes also mess up.I think I will try to find a newer rearend.I hate to get rid of the cart because everything else "looks" good.I am going to keep reading this forum to figure out the cheapest way to build it.Dont want to spendalot of money Because it is going to set up at the campground so my dad will have something to cruise around in when they go camping.
thanks
Ross
ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
bmg901
Not Yet Wild

Hey Ross,

I wouldn't give up on your 2 stroker just yet. I know that where I live we have a service station in town that repairs/rebuilds starter generators for just about anything. Look for an auto service station that also does electric motor repair. Good luck!!

Brian
bmg901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO