lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2019, 10:25 PM   #31
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: OBC Battery Light

You can install a fuse if you want, but I never have. The White wire is supplying control power to the Blue wire from the Run/Tow switch. This prevents the controller lockout.

There should be no small Yellow wire on the small post as yours should have a Blue/White stripe that comes from the controller to supply the Neg (-) to your field coil. The Yellow wire from your OBC runs into the main harness at the controller. (What you mentioned would be applicable on a Series cart)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2019, 03:32 PM   #32
Harlow42
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply;
This is my controller, I am guessing it is a Curtiss controller. If I won't need the fuse, that will make it much simpler!. We are having the Grandkids over today or I'd be working on the OBD plug. Who knows, when they go down for a nap, I'll sneak out and work on it
I can hardly wait to see if all works before I hook up the new Lester
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC_powerdrive_plus_(regen2) mine.jpg (482.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Harlow42; 04-27-2019 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: spelling
Harlow42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:51 PM   #33
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That picture is just as I stated. No Yellow wire on the small post. The Yellow cable is your Battery supply to B+ after the solenoid closes in. The Blue w/White stripe wire is going from your controller to the small post to complete the Neg side of your solenoid's field coil.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:56 AM   #34
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

On a Regen II cart You really should have a fuse.

The best place is to add the fuse right at the Solenoid where the power to the Tow/Run switch comes from (red/white wire).

The IQ and Excel carts already have a fuse at the location and that is why it is not necessary to add one.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:41 PM   #35
Harlow42
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

As a follow up, I have the Summit charger mounted and it was a piece of cake! Thanks to add who helped me to get this project completed. Everything, just worked. The only thing that was peculiar was the software for the charger setup. It is bluetooth and you do not associate your phone with the charger. The software just works!
Harlow42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:03 AM   #36
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Sounds like you have a winner!
Old 05-02-2019, 06:24 AM   #37
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
-snip-
The IQ and Excel carts already have a fuse at the location and that is why it is not necessary to add one.
Sergio, where is the fuse you are referring to as I have '03, '05 and '07 IQ carts and I do not have a fuse there(?) On Precedent's I have seen fuses in several places, including the Run/Tow switch, but not in the DS model. I just went out to the '07 in the garage and no fuse there except the one I added after the Run/Tow switch several years ago. Here is the drawing that references my IQ carts. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003_club_car_ds_iq_mcor.jpg (510.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-02-2019, 07:27 AM   #38
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was thinking Precedents, I just looked and the fuse only appeared in the DS on the 2009 wiring diagram, which is also the year they finally fixed the DS diode issue with the "main dropout".

I guess they wanted to keep the cost down on the DS.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #39
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I was thinking Precedents, I just looked and the fuse only appeared in the DS on the 2009 wiring diagram, which is also the year they finally fixed the DS diode issue with the "main dropout".

I guess they wanted to keep the cost down on the DS.
That sounds correct. I was worried I was losing my vision and memory all at once....

And the drop-out issue started with '02 IQ's, and then also in '09 came the TPS failure of the Precedent's (i2's).... (We would not allow them to place that on the DS line!)

Tags
charging issues
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car