lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2019, 09:14 PM   #11
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Florida Street Legal Golf Cart Process (Personal Experience)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBeachBum View Post
That doesn't sound right for the yearly rate. That's similar to what I was quoted doe a golf cart (non street legal) in Florida. I would request a copy of the policy.. then again you're in GA where it's a little more sane lol
That's what I thought. But I have the policy and it looks good. This policy does not provide Florida legal insurance. It is strictly a Georgia policy. I don't trailer the cart to Florida anyway.

I am not covered if I have a mishap on a road over 35 MPH. I travel 2 to 3 miles on a 45 MPH road to get to where I can ride legally. I mostly stay on the shoulder, or that's what I tell the officer!

I forgot to mention it also includes non-operating coverage. For instance, they would pay $5000 if my barn burns down while the cart is inside.

I had to show my policy to ride at a Georgia state park and it was accepted.
This policy was a bargain I couldn't pass up. I rode for 2 years without insurance. This gives me some peace of mind.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #12
GCoA
Not Yet Wild

Incredibly helpful post - thank you!

I'm still a bit confused on the Bill of Sale. If the cart was purchased in another state from a dealer...is the BoS still necessary? Would the a receipt and printed invoice of the cart (with itemized additional installed parts/accessories listed) from the dealership not work? Or what about the Manufacturers Certificate of Origin if it's a new cart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBeachBum View Post
Good point! I will add another small section for this as it was my first time doing that too and it was a bit confusing at the truck stop... The day was so long I completely forgot!
Any way you can add that little section on the weigh station/truck stop experience? Even with the DMV involved, this seems to be the most daunting/confusing part of the process for me haha.
GCoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:29 PM   #13
FLBeachBum
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCoA View Post
Incredibly helpful post - thank you!

I'm still a bit confused on the Bill of Sale. If the cart was purchased in another state from a dealer...is the BoS still necessary? Would the a receipt and printed invoice of the cart (with itemized additional installed parts/accessories listed) from the dealership not work? Or what about the Manufacturers Certificate of Origin if it's a new cart?

Any way you can add that little section on the weigh station/truck stop experience? Even with the DMV involved, this seems to be the most daunting/confusing part of the process for me haha.
I'm not sure on a BOS from out of state... Call and ask. I believe they are looking to confirm taxes were paid on it.

And yes I have been busy with work and will update the original post with a weight slip section. Essentially you need to get it weighed on a CAT scale typically at a truck stop. One was on the way so I went there, unloaded the cart. The you have to call their trucking office and say you need to weigh a golf cart, when the scale is open drive it onto the first pad (there are 3 pads). Jump out and tell them to take the weight, then reload the cart, run inside they will provide you with a certified slip and sign it.

Fairly easy to do, the station I stopped at was not busy at the time so they stayed on the phone through the whole process. You definitely can't touch the call button on the scale since it's for semis so you have to call in lol
FLBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 03:20 PM   #14
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I used a scrap yard for my weigh (again on my way) , cost like 2 bucks and got a receipt .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:06 AM   #15
GCoA
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys! It didn't even occur to me that some gas station truck stops and scrap yards have these scales - for some reason I was thinking those busy weigh stations right off the highway or bust.

Assuming you didn't have one previously, was the title issued by the DMV when they drew up the new state-issued VIN or was this done in a separate process prior to getting the plate?
GCoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:41 AM   #16
FLBeachBum
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks guys! It didn't even occur to me that some gas station truck stops and scrap yards have these scales - for some reason I was thinking those busy weigh stations right off the highway or bust.

Assuming you didn't have one previously, was the title issued by the DMV when they drew up the new state-issued VIN or was this done in a separate process prior to getting the plate?
Yes your best bet is a truck stop or scrap yard (maybe even a dump??) But I would definitely avoid the highway stations as I believe they only service commercial vehicles and the last thing I would want to do on my way to the DMV is piss off Highway Patrol/another branch of government lol...
FLBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:25 PM   #17
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:

I was issued a title and vin at time of inspection . paid a little more and they printed the title out . then stopped off at the insurance company and on to the dmv . one BIG cash grab lol
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car