lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2019, 09:20 AM   #1
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Voltmeter 2008 precedent

have the newer style digital voltmeter on my precedent. It is wired to always stay on, even when not using cart. Is this ok or would it be better to wire to keyswitch, This voltmeter on has 2 wires (- and +) does not have a separate wire for key switch.

i thought i read that wiring the + to key switch might not be as accurate as running directly to the pack
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Voltmeter 2008 precedent

Mine has been on for 2.5 years in my 2008 club car precedent. No problem yet
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:50 PM   #3
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is a black and red wire behind the dash near the dummy/battery light. You can use those two as the feed/input. Know that you’ll be about .3 x .5 volts lower on the reading versus the true pack voltage. Do this and the cart volt meter will only be on when Cart is in run and not in tow.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:00 PM   #4
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

My $0.02 is too wire it off batteries and be able to keep an eye on it. Even if you don’t drive your cart daily, like myself; your proaobably in your garage almost daily and will notice if something’s not right. Generally I keep my cart on the charger but if I don’t I will notice wothin 24 hours cause I glance at my voltmeter when I’m in the garage also one time I found my cart abnormally low because my brake light switch went out of adjustment and they stayed on during the day. For the small amount of power they burn I like to keep it on all the time and that’s one of the ones that tells you actuall voltage not the battery charge meter.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:27 PM   #5
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Daddy View Post
My $0.02 is too wire it off batteries and be able to keep an eye on it. Even if you don’t drive your cart daily, like myself; your proaobably in your garage almost daily and will notice if something’s not right. Generally I keep my cart on the charger but if I don’t I will notice wothin 24 hours cause I glance at my voltmeter when I’m in the garage also one time I found my cart abnormally low because my brake light switch went out of adjustment and they stayed on during the day. For the small amount of power they burn I like to keep it on all the time and that’s one of the ones that tells you actuall voltage not the battery charge meter.
good point- I will just leave it like it is. That way I will notice if battery voltage seems off

they are cheap enough to buy a new one if this on burns out at some point
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car