lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2019, 07:36 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Bad Boy cart troubles

I know, it was an inside joke. Sevcon owners might get it.. The controller is not being used. Sorry if it wasn't funny.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #12
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

So heres what I figured out today. Went to mess with this thing some more when I turned it on I heard the 2 contactors click then a real faint click again. I had solid green on one controller and nothing on the other. so I cycled the key several times and got a good click and both controllers are on. I then proceeded to take the power wire off one of the solenoids and power back up. This gave me 4 flashes on the controller that was disconnected. Reinstalled power wire and did it again on the other and got the same result.

So If I am correct the solenoids must be good since I do get voltage readings through them and when disconnected the light flashes as it should. I guess my next question would be where does the controller get power from to turn on? I know the key switch But what wire in the plug that feeds the controller?
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:49 AM   #13
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Still not fixed. I have checked all switches. At this point I have battery pack voltage at the solenoids when I turn on the key for about 1 second then I loose voltage contactors disengage and 5 flashes.

The positive for the solenoids comes from the controller and the negative is from the 5 pin relay under the dash which I replaced simply cause I had one but don't know where to go from here
Old 07-19-2019, 04:58 PM   #14
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Is it flashing five times or three times, pause, two times? If it's doing what i think it's doing it's flashing 3 times for MOSFET short Circuit (common) and 2 for illegal start condition
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:19 PM   #15
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

pretty sure its 5 flashes no pause. I can send you a video but cant seem to upload one here. At this point I know the problem is when I turn on the key I get power to the 2 solenoids on the wheel well that send battery power to the controllers. Then the power goes away???and they turn off obviously, that's when I get the 5 flashes. I have messed with the solenoids and I get the 4 flashes as I should, If I turn it on while in forward or reverse I get 2 flashes, put it in neutral then a direction and its good. At this point I have jumped the key switch, changed the solenoids and checked the wires for shorts with none found. I am back to the 5 flashes and nothing. I have not been able to get the cart to move the last several times I have messed with it. And The controller for the front motor is still not turning on every time either only when the rear controller works right.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:10 PM   #16
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

any Bad Boy car will always click once, then click off--working or not, that's its powerup sequence. the controllers get power from more than just the reversing/forward contactors (solenoids mounted to a splash shield). Normal operation is click, pause, click again, and steady green. a fault is indicated via flashing, but 5 shouldn't be possible. Unless Sevcon has updated their software without doing the same for their manuals, as I read a thread here with someone claiming the got 12 flashes when 9 is the max.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:42 PM   #17
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Well tried to find the pcpak to purchase but that seems to be a disaster. Sending them to flight systems they can not repair but they can tell me if they are working correctly
Old 07-26-2019, 03:45 PM   #18
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

In my experience, unless you still use Windows XP, forget their PC Pak software. I can't make it, or Alltrax software, or Fairplay software happy in Windows 10.

If you haven't got the updated accelerator pedal, then whatever FSIP sends back will need it, or you'll get the 'accelerator wire off' fault. Awhile back, BBB got into major trouble with unintended acceleration causing a few fatalities if I remember right, and they got a recall item that offers an updated accelerator pedal assembly.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:31 AM   #19
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

I have used several programs in 10 but they were in the forklift world with dealer / manufacture support and not always friendly. Not sure if its an updated pedal but it was at the dealer about a year ago before the husband passed away. When they got it back it burned a battery terminal off and they just parked it. Anyhow tired of guessing going to send off next week.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:03 PM   #20
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Call me Monday 401-295-2964 X2 I have 4 BBBs in for service and the programmer will be plugged in. To everyone else trying to get in touch with me, I'm buried, but trying to help out as many people as I can, so please be patient.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO