lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2019, 08:30 AM   #1
BiGKaT
Not Yet Wild

Default premcor to mcor4 problem

Im new to golf carts but Im learning :)

After installation , what do I do next if nothing happens. only click I hear is from the mcor unit. I know the batteries are not good, but should there be something going on like there was with the v glide?

Can anyone help where to look next? Bob
BiGKaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2019, 08:43 AM   #2
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default premcor to mcor4 problem

First off what year and model of cart do you have??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
BiGKaT
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: premcor to mcor4 problem

1998 club car ds ... regen 48 volts
Old 07-22-2019, 08:27 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Make sure the blue wire and green/white wire on the end of your MCOR harness are connected to the exact same location as the blue and green wires coming out of your old multi-step potentiometer.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:02 PM   #5
BiGKaT
Not Yet Wild

ok... the blue and the green black wire I took and connected the blue to the bullet connector which plugged into the conversion kit.
I was confused with the green/black wire as the kit came with two spade connectors, one on the new install harness and one they gave me was also a male spade connector, so I swapped one for a female in order to connect the green/black with the new harness piece in the kit. I spotted it looks like the blue wire is spliced in the harness ( kit ) and Im supposed to leave one unconnected? and one goes into the controller?
Old 07-23-2019, 03:50 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The MCOR4 conversion harness is a dual application harness. Therefore it has two blue wires hanging out of it. Essentially it's the same wire. It just has two access points. If you were converting from a PotBox you'd use the end near the new MCOR. Since you're converting from a Multi-Step V-Glide, you'll use the other end. If you look at your factory wire harness you'll see where the V-glide had these same two wires plugged into it. All you have to do is match them up. The other 3 pin connector contains 3 throttle wires, but it's just a simple plug in. If you have this hooked up correctly and it doesn't work you'll need to call whoever you got it from and go over some troubleshooting. Did you buy it from me? If so, please feel free to call me tomorrow and we'll figure this out.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:00 PM   #7
BiGKaT
Not Yet Wild

I bought it locally for 270. I saw you had them but this was sat morning and I was missing the cart already.
Here is a picture of the wiring... not sure what to do now. The controller hummed and the solinoids kicked in before but now there is nothing

Thank you very much for helping me

I am trying to upload a pic of what i did
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0147.jpg (85.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car