lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2019, 06:02 AM   #1
hattmall
Not Yet Wild

Default Use battery top post instead of threaded terminal?

So the terminals on two of my batteries have melted badly. The batteries, however have two posts on the top. They have both the threaded screw type, which is melted and a larger car battery type post. I'm going to upgrade to 2 GA wiring, and was wondering if a terminal connector like the one here would work, or just cause more problems with the high amerperage?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Auto-2-...r/323883962487

If it won't work is there anything I could do to use those remaining terminals without having to replace the batteries or try to insert another stud on the melted holes?

Thanks
hattmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2019, 06:56 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Use battery top post instead of threaded terminal?

Anything you add between the battery and the cable will give you additional corrosion spots. That being said I'm not wild about the "set screw" type contacts like that, seems too open to the elements. No data to back that up, just my opinion. I've done the drill,tap,install a threaded stud repair successfully many times and that would be my first choice. In a pinch I have used common marine adapters that adapt from the automotive top post to a marine stud terminal. It allows you to keep the proper ends on your cables and seems less exposed to me. They carry enough current for stock setups, but not sure I'd trust them for performance upgraded motor and controllers.

Meanwhile, check your other terminals to make sure they are not over or under tightened - the most common cause of melted terminals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DEK-00149_top_540x540[1].jpg (19.8 KB, 0 views)
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO