lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 PDS motor testing

Yes, you need to cycle the run/tow switch to get the control to recognize the new chip configuration.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #12
1fatcat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I don't have a PDS, but this thing appears be be aching for a rotary switch to change between modes. WAY cheaper too. Not sure if you can change on the fly, or have to power down (reboot) between changes.
I thought the same thing after seeing how simple the plugs are, but I don't know about the "WAY cheaper" part? The plugs are only $10 out the door at my local dealer and there are only 3 different plugs. A rotary switch would be much more convenient if you want to change modes a lot.

A guy could just buy the freedom plug and customize it to any of the other plug options buy simply cutting and sealing the loops.
1fatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's been done, you can buy them on ebay all day long
Old 11-21-2011, 05:45 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fatcat View Post
I thought the same thing after seeing how simple the plugs are, but I don't know about the "WAY cheaper" part? The plugs are only $10 out the door at my local dealer and there are only 3 different plugs. A rotary switch would be much more convenient if you want to change modes a lot.

A guy could just buy the freedom plug and customize it to any of the other plug options buy simply cutting and sealing the loops.
OK, I was thinking there were four plugs, or $40. As to WAY cheaper, I also assumed everyone was a packrat like me and just happened to have boxes of rotary switches lying around, like I do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg switch.jpg (118.7 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
OK, I was thinking there were four plugs, or $40. As to WAY cheaper, I also assumed everyone was a packrat like me and just happened to have boxes of rotary switches lying around, like I do.
Rotary switches, serial cables, 25kv transformers and Tesla Coils might elevate you into the hoarder category

Get the plug with the two jumpers installed (Freedom Chip) and use switches to make or break the jumpers for the four different PDS modes.
On a 2004 PDS cart, you'll have to toggle the Run/Tow switch to change modes.

I've got to stop and raise the seat to change modes now, but I'm remoting the switches to the dash this winter.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Rotary switches, serial cables, 25kv transformers and Tesla Coils might elevate you into the hoarder category
You don't know the half of it. 14.4 kV 25 kVA, 14.4 kV 3 kVA, two 25 kV 3 kVA, 15 kV 1.8 kVA, two 34 kV DC 1 Joule/sec., GE Volt-pac 560 VAC 30 amp 3 phase, six Superior Electric Powerstats, two 240 - 240 3 kVA isolation transformers, etc. And that's just my big transformers!
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just a thought ergonomically speaking it may be easier to locate the controls just below the seat next to the F&R lever in a series cart. A rotary for mode selection and a momentary on/off for reboot .... just a thought.

Just depends upon your build If you lean towards the Neanderthal build either location may be easy to reach
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO