lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: LED Lights

I have two 55 watt lights, and I wired them up to a three position switch to have "high", "off", and "low". Parallel for high, and series for low. When putting around at low speed and with others present, low is so much more polite, as well as saving energy.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #12
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
I also did a lot of research here on lights and after reading quite a few negatives on LED's and battery unbalance and inverter cost etc., I decided on a pair of inexpensive ($20) 55 watt fog lights from Walmart. I replaced the 12 volt H3 halogens bulbs with 36 volt H3 halogen bulbs and connected them to my 36 volt battery pack through a fuse and a switch. They only draw 3 amps and do a good job of lighting the roadway and are fine for my occaisional 18-19 mph jaunts after dark. I like to keep things simple ("KISS"), and this worked great for me. - RAY
Iinteresting...where did you get the 36V replacements? Sorry, I don't know much on this stuff and didn't realize they were out there....

Any chance you could post a pic of your mounted lights?
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #13
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I got the 36 volt "H3" lamps on E-Bay - here's a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350340887152...84.m1423.l2649

Also, here's a look at the install-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EZGO lights.jpg (162.4 KB, 0 views)
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #14
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cool, and thanks for the pic. I bet those are pretty bright!
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #15
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

They do "ok" when the batteries are fresh, but dim a little at full throttle when the batteries need to be charged. The best thing I like about my set-up is they are connected to all the batteries without the need for voltage conversion. If you plan to add other accessories at a later time (which I do not) the voltage converter is the way to go. Dimming of the lights on full throttle when batts. are low would not happen with a converter. Good luck on your "quest for lights" - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #16
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod View Post
After seeing some of the posts about converters and the fourth battery being discharged enough to create an imbalance, it occurred to me that the Club Car headlights are halogen. Looking around, I've seen some off road lights that are LED. This seems like a great solution. I have an LED flashlight that gets 240 lumens out of 3 AAA batteries. Just curious if anyone has looked into this already.
Looking around and googling this type of topic myself I finally stumbled onto a site that might be helpful. PM me and I'll send a link. There is quite an array of choices and you can build your own LED strips, blocks, whatever you might want. If you desired to do that type of thing. Heck they even got little LED setups to replace your car windshield washer squirter I'm E-mailing them to see if they can direct me into something 36v with a 4012 bulb. If I can post the link here I will.

Gonk
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #17
Cape Cod
Not Yet Wild

The low power consumption is great, but the LEDs only pay off if they do last a long Time.
Cape Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO