lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
mulletman87
Not Yet Wild

Default Continued from old post ezgo fire

I have a 99 ezgo txt, Last fall we had a fire in the directional switch area, that got burned up and alot of the wires. I put new heavy duty switch in and replaced all wires that were damaged. ( thank you to everyones help from previous posts on wiring help). Of course I am a newby to all of this and got a couple of wires wrong going from switch to motor. Cart would do nothing. After finding my mistake, The cart still does nothing. It still charges so thats a plus, And also since I found my mistake with the wiring I hear a clicking when I turn the key on and press the pedal. I believe this is the solonoid that I have read about on other peoples post.
What do I do now? Where is this solonoid? It sounds like its up under the driver side. I was thinking it was connected to the controler.
mulletman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Continued from old post ezgo fire

The solenoid is mounted on the controller under the black environmental cover.

The light click you hear under the floor is the peddle box micro switch.

Here is the solenoid activation circuit described and diagrammed. You will need to remove the controller cover to sort this circuit out. Of course I suspect you have a miss wired the F&R micros. THat is most likely in this case so start at the battery pack and work your way to the solenoid following the diagram and testing all the way. Good luck.

TXT solenoid activation
Power starts on the White wire on the 36+ of the battery pack.
Power travels to the charger receptacle, goes through a reed switch inside the receptacle and comes out on the red 12 gauge red wire.
The red wire travels back through the loom to the Forward and reverse switch where it attaches to a micro.
The other side of that micro has a blue wire attached that runs under the cart to the front and arrives at the keyswitch.
The keyswitch then transfers power to a green wire which returns to the area of the Forward and Reverse switch.
the power then goes through a 4 pin Molex connector and travels to the "pedal Box" (located under the floorboard of the car) where it goes through a micro and comes out on another red wire.
That red wire comes back up to the Controller/F&R area where it once again goes through the 4 pin molex connector and continues on to the small post of the solenoid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Series solenoid activation diagram.JPG (109.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
mulletman87
Not Yet Wild

Hey scotty, This is how I have the forward/reverse switch wired up, If you are looking at the front of switch I have the orange wire coming from the controler going to the first mico on the left. Then in the middle is the blue wire coming from the key switch, then on the far right I have the red wire from the charger recepticle. Is that right or did I look at it wrong?
Old 03-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This F&R diagram is a rear view of the F&R... that may make a diff >

Get a multi-meter and check for voltage at each point. Check for current and polarity. There is no substitute for that type of diagnostics
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
mulletman87
Not Yet Wild

So are you saying that I have the red and orange wire in the wrong places? When I get to the solinoid, What is the proper way to test it? This is how I did it, can anyone tell me if this is right. I took off all wire connections to it. When I test the two larger terminals I get no reading with my tester set to ohms, but when I check the two small ones I get numbers reading. Did I do it right? Does it mean its good?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
mulletman87
Not Yet Wild

I got it, I was wired up right but when I bypassed the reed switch it worked. OMG that put a few more greys in the hair LOL, Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO