lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #21
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent Pedal Group

now I am confused. First, here are the numbers :

cart number is PH0907-003227

label on pedal group is PGE10032330

I need to replace the mcor, so ............. Do I also have to replace that "device" in the picture? What is it?

Can I buy just an mcor, and reuse that wire "jumper" and black plastic box?

Earlier I saw Tahoe said YOU CANNOT USE AN MCOR 3 OR 4 ON A GEN 1 PEDAL GROUP. So if my pedal group is a gen 1 ( I still don't know whether it is a gen 1 or gen 2 ) then what part number of mcor do I need?

Help, I need to get a part ordered.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #22
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Something else to add here.

I have a mcor 4 Kit, in my hand that is part # AM293001. These instructions say to verify that your cart number prefix ( in my case "PH") is printed on the front of the instructions. HOWEVER, on the cover of the instructions, there is no PH or PQ listed.

So this tells me that I cannot use this particular mcor 4 kit on my cart since my cart is a "PH"?
Old 01-22-2014, 10:35 AM   #23
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
thats gen 2 group.
gen2
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #24
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ok, thanks for that, so I have a gen 2. Now , which mcor do I need?

What is that other piece that is plugged into the mcor?

Do I need to replace that other piece also?
Old 01-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #25
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
Ok, thanks for that, so I have a gen 2. Now , which mcor do I need?

. . . re-read post #6 in this thread . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #26
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

ok, I reread post #6, but that does not answer my questions!

WHY does the instructions that came with this mcor 4 conversion kit, SPECIFICALY says ONLY carts whose prefix are on this list, and there are NO PREFIXES that start with "P" on the list?

My other questions were if I have to replace that strange device? Do I have to replace that short wire harness junper?

What is that stuff?

And still confused why you say use the mcor4 kit, contrary to the instructions??
Old 01-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #27
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:

WHY does the instructions that came with this mcor 4 conversion kit, SPECIFICALY says ONLY carts whose prefix are on this list, and there are NO PREFIXES that start with "P" on the list?

My other questions were if I have to replace that strange device? Do I have to replace that short wire harness junper?

What is that stuff?

And still confused why you say use the mcor4 kit, contrary to the instructions??

PM Tahoe . . . he will clear it up for you . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:

What is that stuff?

Take a picture of the prefix list on the bag. The part number you gave me is correct for a Generation 2 pedal group such as the one you say you have.

FYI...
102528501 is the original Precedent MCOR used from 2004 until the MCOR3 came out in 2011 (This is probably what you removed from your pedal group, you have this option as a replacement if it was already equipped with one.)

AM293001 is a conversion kit to convert a Generation 2 pedal group to an MCOR4 (cheaper) rather than replacing it with another original MCOR. (According to your post, this is what you received. I need pics to see why it's not working for you)

EDIT: I did a little more research on this post and I see conflicting information. I see you said that your pedal group had a serial number that started with PGE....... If you'll look at Post #1 of this thread, that's the same type of serial number that "dcavalie" had. Post #12 of this thread shows a picture of his pedal group. I confirmed directly below the photo that it was in fact a Generation 1 pedal group. Based on your pedal group serial number you have given, you have a Gen1 pedal group and that's why your MCOR4 doesn't fit.... BUT... based on your photo in post #17, it looks more like a Gen2 pedal group from what I can see. Can't see much but the MCOR itself... You could buy a 102528501 Original Precedent MCOR for your pedal group and it would work whether it's Gen1 or Gen2. What's baffling me is the pedal group serial number. If, in fact, it's a Gen2 pedal group the serial number should start with PGR, not PGE. Regardless, an original Precedent MCOR #102528501 will work. I still want to see a picture of the bag with the MCOR4 in it. I'm curious as to the prefixes listed on the bag. PQ and PH should be there.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #29
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Tahoe

Here is a picture of the front cover prefixes, as well as a picture of the inside page that says to only use this kit if your prefix is listed. Which it is not.

So if you can clarify this for me, as well as my previous questions ( what is that strange plastic part, do I need to replace that, and if I do, what is the part #).

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mcor4 instructions.jpg (98.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg mcor4 instructions (2).jpg (136.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-22-2014, 11:10 PM   #30
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Tahoe

Here is a picture of the front cover prefixes, as well as a picture of the inside page that says to only use this kit if your prefix is listed. Which it is not.

So if you can clarify this for me, as well as my previous questions ( what is that strange plastic part, do I need to replace that, and if I do, what is the part #).

Thanks
I see a problem. The part number written in pen at the top of the directions is AM293101. That's not the same number I mentioned earlier. I said AM293001. That's why the prefixes don't match up. You've got a DS kit and you're trying to put it on a Precedent car.

The plastic piece you're talking about is an adapter that contains resistors for your excel throttle control. I have no idea whether you need to replace it or not. What are your symptoms and why are you changing the MCOR?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car