lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #21
tvj503
Getting Wild

Default Re: conversion from 12 to (6) 8volt

Ok-thanks for the help. Lots of converters out there. Any particular one or two that you would recommend?
tvj503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2014, 10:12 AM   #22
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

The ones from a site sponsor, scottyb in particular. Steer clear of the ebay ones, they're what we call CCC (Cheap Chinese Crap)
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #23
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I agree with the other replies, go with the one Scottyb sells.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #24
tvj503
Getting Wild

I've looked around at the converters, including the one at Scotty B's. Do i need a 10 or 25 amp? I have head lights, turn signals and horn. I do not use the cart heavily. Given that these accessories are already installed and wired, how much time on average would it take to do the install for the converter? Thanks for all replies and assistance.
tvj503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #25
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvj503 View Post
I've looked around at the converters, including the one at Scotty B's. Do i need a 10 or 25 amp? I have head lights, turn signals and horn. I do not use the cart heavily. Given that these accessories are already installed and wired, how much time on average would it take to do the install for the converter? Thanks for all replies and assistance.
If those are the only accessories you will ever have, the 10 amp is fine. If you ever plan on getting a stereo, more lighting, etc., I would go with 25 amp. The install should take less than 30 minutes. It may take a little longer if you want to use your key switch to activate the converter.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #26
jra007
Not Yet Wild

I have some experience building some small Solar Arrays... and this 4x12 and 6x8 battery thing applies there too.

Since the batteries are run in series to ultimately get to 48v whether its 4x12 or 6x8 configuration, regardless you still only get the Amperage or capacity of a single battery.

I understand that "typically" an 8v battery will have a higher capacity (amp hours) than a 12v battery, but not always (just depends on the battery). But if both the 12v and the 8v were say 170amp hour capacity then theoretically there would be zero difference between the two setups. Both would be 48v and both would have a capacity of 170 amp hours.

So though it is hard to find a 12v battery with more than 150 amp hours, where the average 8v is probably 185... it really comes down to that number to determine what will get you the most run time/longevity out of your pack (along with good maintenance and care).
jra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car