lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #1
fastbasser
Getting Wild

Default New battery cables revisited....

I started taking my cart apart and matching up the new cables..( I have 6 ea 8v batteries) The set I just purchased (from a forum vendor) has 9 cables. The way I see it I need 10.. I need 4 long, red,black,green and white. (I received these) One yellow (I received it but it's too short to go from the solenoid to the controller it will work as the short battery cable though,) and 4 ea 15" battery cables and 1 shorter one..

Am I missing something??

My temporary plan is to use one of the 15" to go between the solenoid and controller and use 2 of the old cables as a replacement for the missing battery cable until I get the missing cable.. I need to get it running by tomorrow morning..

Will that cause any issues if used for a short time? It will be much easier for me to swap out a battery cable than one behind the panel..

Thanks guys
fastbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: New battery cables revisited....

If the color does not match the correct length you can spray paint the cables to have the correct color for each cable, or use color tape on the ends.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #3
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Not sure what cart you have. But when I ordered my set I had to get another cable also. I started replacing shortest to the longest and not all cables matched up with the code I was given. I just always used the shortest new cable that worked. I ran the cart with one of the original cables until new one arrived. It worked fine. I went to 2ga cables and interesting enough the original cable always felt somewhat warmer than the rest when I ran for a few miles. Make sense. I did not paint or tape cables but if you want to make them color coded you could print out a color and any words to identify each cable on your computer and use clear packing tape wrapped around cable. Have Fun !!

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #4
fastbasser
Getting Wild

I have a 2010 Precedent.. I have to believe they sent me a kit for a 4x12v setup. The yellow is shorter than the current one and at least 4" too short figuring the bends have to be "longer".. I was out working on it again this morning. I am definitely missing one..
Old 05-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You will need a total of 11 cables since the pack negative cable needs to be split at the stud that goes thru the OBC.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #6
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smartest thing to do is contact the people that sold you the kit, they will help you. The meantime you should be able to do what you need until then. I would not paint the cables it is better to mark them as described or use color tape etc.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #7
fastbasser
Getting Wild

I sent a message to the vendor this morning. Not going to paint anything yet. Gotta admit this is a bigger PITA than expected.. LOL

I must be missing something. I don't understand or see where the 11th wire goes.. The new ground cable will not fit thru the opening the old came thru. I was going to try and re rout it.. Can I assume you are talking about using 2 wires for that one?

Be kind... My first time at doing this..

Thanks
Old 05-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #8
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

You have to route through the OBC this is how the amount of battery charge is required. Search the thought OBC to see how it is done.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:03 AM   #9
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is a thread that relates to the OBC and the cable not fitting through......

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-charging.html
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #10
fastbasser
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
Here is a thread that relates to the OBC and the cable not fitting through......

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-charging.html
Thank you, Since I already cut and removed that ground wire, this is a freakin nightmare!! I wish the vendor put some info in the package with the cables..........

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car