lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #1
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Help! Charger question???

I am helping a friend with a 2005 Precedent IQ 4/12 PQ serial #. I am not sure if he was given the correct charger. The charger is a Power Drive ( no I or II or III) just Power Drive. It has a sticker on the back with a Model # 17930 and a date code of 3/00. It also says 48V 17A. The cord is the same and the charger will plug in. I plugged it in and it says it is charging. Is this the correct charger for this cart? If not, which one is? Any help is appreciated.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Help! Charger question???

are the volts rising on pack ? i so then charger is working
i have an old ezgo charger i use on a club car so brand does not matter as long as it is doing it's job
Old 05-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The CC has the on board computer (OBC). This is the control board for the charger output and duration. So long as your charger (transformer) is 48v you will be okay.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

The voltage on the pack is going up. The batteries are old and we know they must be replaced but we are just trying to get it to move to make sure everything is working properly. It had some corroded cables so I replaced them. When you turn on the switch, the reverse buzzer works and the solenoid clicks, but the cart won't move. I don't think the pack has enough voltage to move it but I don't know. I also checked continuity on the motor. I read 320 ohms between A1 and A2 and 3 ohms between F1 and F2. Also I have voltage on 2 of the controller connections a nothing on the third. Thanks CTD what do you think?
Old 05-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #5
crash test dummy

well ... i'd let it fully charge before trying anything else

i know the desire to get it going but you need full power first
Old 05-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

You've got a PD1 charger, and all PD chargers are compatible with all CC 48v OBC carts, so it will work fine...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BigBlock View Post
The voltage on the pack is going up. The batteries are old and we know they must be replaced but we are just trying to get it to move to make sure everything is working properly. It had some corroded cables so I replaced them. When you turn on the switch, the reverse buzzer works and the solenoid clicks, but the cart won't move. I don't think the pack has enough voltage to move it but I don't know. I also checked continuity on the motor. I read 320 ohms between A1 and A2 and 3 ohms between F1 and F2. Also I have voltage on 2 of the controller connections a nothing on the third. Thanks CTD what do you think?
I think Your A1 to A2 should be more like 1-2 ohms... The brushes could be pretty worn out, or maybe just some oxidation in the commutator.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #8
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I think Your A1 to A2 should be more like 1-2 ohms... The brushes could be pretty worn out, or maybe just some oxidation in the commutator.
Thanks for the reply Sergio. The cart has not run in awhile and it has never run for us, so we are trying to trouble shoot it. I did notice that when the cart is pushed forward there is no regen braking. But since it is a Precedent with a GE motor and speed sensor, I am assuming it should beep when pushed forward, but I don't know if the batteries are up enough to tell. I double checked the resistance from A1 to A2 after pushing the cart around a little and it read 110 ohms. What are your thoughts?
Old 05-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since the resistance went down it may be oxidation. I would not spray any kind of contact cleaner (unless specifically designed for the task) as it may dissolve the enamel coating on the coils winding. The best thing may just be to raise one wheel and turn it by hand for a while to get a little more cleaning from the brushes rubbing on the commutator surface.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #10
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Since the resistance went down it may be oxidation. I would not spray any kind of contact cleaner (unless specifically designed for the task) as it may dissolve the enamel coating on the coils winding. The best thing may just be to raise one wheel and turn it by hand for a while to get a little more cleaning from the brushes rubbing on the commutator surface.
Thanks, I am hoping there is not a motor problem. We are going to push it around a little and see what happens. Even with a little corrosion on the brushes, shouldn't it run anyway?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car