lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
BorisM
Getting Wild

Default Electric EZGo vs Star EV

What are the advantages, if any, of electric EZGO golf cart over Start electric golf cart?
What is the difference between an EZGO shuttle 2+2 txt and EZGO shuttle 2+2 rxv? Which is better?
BorisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electric EZGo vs Star EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisM View Post
What are the advantages, if any, of electric EZGO golf cart over Start electric golf cart?
What is the difference between an EZGO shuttle 2+2 txt and EZGO shuttle 2+2 rxv? Which is better?
WELL I can answer one of your questions

What is the difference between an EZGO shuttle 2+2 txt and EZGO shuttle 2+2 rxv?

the TXT is a DC drive system and the RXV is a AC drive system.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
BorisM
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
WELL I can answer one of your questions

What is the difference between an EZGO shuttle 2+2 txt and EZGO shuttle 2+2 rxv?

the TXT is a DC drive system and the RXV is a AC drive system.
Which one do I want?
Old 06-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

That I can't answer.....I personally don't know enough about the AC drive system....nor which would be better for your needs.

detail how you intend to use your cart and what are your needs, then I am guessing one of the more knowledgeable guys can steer you in the direction you need.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
BorisM
Getting Wild

Quote:
That I can't answer.....I personally don't know enough about the AC drive system....nor which would be better for your needs.

detail how you intend to use your cart and what are your needs, then I am guessing one of the more knowledgeable guys can steer you in the direction you need.
We are planning to use golf cart in a gated community. My wife would drive our kids around in the summer. I am estimating 30-45 minutes of driving per day for 2 month, that is all.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I live in a gated community..... I have a electric cart, (DC drive system), although its not stock (as you can see the spec's in my sig) I can drive mine for about 25 miles before I HAVE to charge it...but all my upgrades are just to make it go faster.......but to make your batteries last, you ALWAYS plug it in when not in use. as when the batteries are in a state of discharge, they start to "go south"
Old 06-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #7
BorisM
Getting Wild

Quote:
I live in a gated community..... I have a electric cart, (DC drive system), although its not stock (as you can see the spec's in my sig) I can drive mine for about 25 miles before I HAVE to charge it...but all my upgrades are just to make it go faster.......but to make your batteries last, you ALWAYS plug it in when not in use. as when the batteries are in a state of discharge, they start to "go south"
Do you park your golf cart in a garage every time it is not in use or do you simply plug it in outside?
Old 06-16-2014, 03:14 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisM View Post
Do you park your golf cart in a garage every time it is not in use or do you simply plug it in outside?
I have a large garage (3 1/2 cars), so all my cars and my cart are kept inside, but I only plug it in after I am done for the days running around......I only put about 5 miles on it a day.....but when I am going to do a lot if running.....I just back it into its spot and plug it in.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

My opinion only the question of "ezgo vs star", having been a new vehicle dealer of both, and trying to get parts for both, i say ezgo for sure. The star "factory" (jh global) does not do as it should for the dealer when its time for parts. They would send used gearsets to replace noisey transaxles, all bearings, seals, stuff like that we were left on our own to find at local parts houses (can be done, but not fun). The star is mostly made of inferior chinese knock-offs of what looks similar to common parts. The curtis controller is good, the motor (if ordered with the adc version) is fine. There are no wiring diagrams to be had. None of the wiring is in sealed connectors to protect from acid. Not much, if any original engineering thought went into a star car. Have a look around the star/fairplay section of this site, there is not much complete info available (i dont think any "service manual" even exists). I know what i know about these nightmares through learning it the hard way. I sometimes try to jump in to the star section of this site to help those poor souls out, but its a nightmare i would rather forget. Glad we're not a star dealer anymore.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:01 PM   #10
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for that info....
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO