lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #11
Highster
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Question about my 96 ds

Joesam,

Thank you, that's the basics I was looking for. This cart will primary be used on paved or gravel roads at campgrounds. No real thoughts of making it a "puddle jumper", or any kind of lift or bigger tires. Running it around at home, I fairly happy with the speed. I have no need to get from a to b fast, just getting there and back is all that matters.

If I wouldn't have gotten such a good deal on it, I probably would have done more research and know what to look for and bought accordingly. But I was looking for something close yo home to buy quick. I was looking mostly so my dad had something to move around the campgrounds if or when he goes with me. I ended up buying this cart, knowing it needed batteries, for $250.00, with spare wheels and tires, rear view mirror, radio system, and charger. I paid $690 for a new set of Trojan batteries, and just recently picked up a flip rear seat for $295. So all in, I'm sitting with a cart that fills my needs, for just under $1250.

The biggest downside is I'm now addicted. I'm already looking for another cart to do the big lift, wheels, tires, and big power. Lol
Highster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #12
Highster
Not Yet Wild

After some closer inspection, I found there are three smaller wires coming out of the end bell of the motor.

So my question becomes do you all think this is still a regen 1 system. I do not have a run tow switch anywhere.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #13
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Probably still its a yes. Regen 1 has 3 wires coming out the end of the motor and NO run/tow switch. Its the only Regen cart ever made without a run/tow. It uses a circuit in the controller to de-activate the Regen system on a short (sub 10 sec typically) time-out circuit. You can unplug those wires to deactivate Regen for fast downhill runs - with no harm to the system. You may also notice (as I have) that Regen 1 is a tiny bit speedier than later models - usually 14-15 mph vs about 12-13 mph. If its like mine, your motor will read 3.2HP. See below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Motor#1.JPG (376.1 KB, 0 views)
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #14
Highster
Not Yet Wild

That's one of my biggest problems, there are no tags on the motor.

Joe, does your controller look like the gen 2 controller?
Old 06-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #15
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Nope - its original (but a refurb one - I had to return the "core" of my failed one to get the rebuilt one). Its Tee Shaped and Black.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car